1 - Matthew

DisclaimerPlease be very careful with what comments you leave on my stories

Disclaimer
Please be very careful with what comments you leave on my stories. If it's any way hurtful or offensive to me or any of my readers, I won't hesitate to block you. I work hard writing my stories and I refuse to let 'Karens' lambaste my hard work. Be negative somewhere else.

Matthew Parkinson doesn't deem himself a one-night-stand material. His opinion would remain irreversible even with the woman curled up in his hotel bed. For starters, he hadn't laid an appropriate touch on said woman. Although the tiny pile of her lacy underwear hanging off the headboard would earn him a skeptical eye-roll, he can bet his own life that he hadn't contributed to the 'undoing' of them.

Her dress was a dark red pool on the side of the bed – he hadn't contributed to that either. The wearer had been the center of attention (mostly men's) yesterday at his older brother, Vren's wedding. Reasons not particularly having a string for a strap, a deep V for the neckline and the longest slit that previews mile long legs.

The woman has simply done the dress some justice.

Every man at the wedding reception would've chopped off their feet and shove them in his shoes. Because right now, the redhead in his bed ought to be the hottest sin every man should make before dying.

Well, except for him.

Matthew is not the drunken hookup kind of guy. He likes his woman sober, thank you very much. And this particular woman had been drunk senseless last night. To some people, it was an opportunity – just one wedding hookup with a drunk stranger. But to Matthew, it was an inconvenience, mainly because he's the one who spared her from a probable unprotected sex and, maybe, a case of STD in the future.

He had to. Partly because his now sister in-law, Audrey Danler Parkinson knows her way over a BFF scale. And he can even tell one of the bridesmaids whom he had a close-knit relationship with, Kylie Preston (one of his brother's girlfriend) knew her pretty well in a besties level. The other reason was, he can't, for the life of him, let a woman staggering in her own feet gets taken advantage of.

Sure, he could easily take that advantage like the pig all men turned into these days, but on a scale between getting terminal illness and being a pig, he'll side to the former.

It wasn't entirely being a pig. It was rather a bigger picture: getting laid and getting away with it.

Again, he is not one-night stand material.

As far as a man's reckless early twenties go, his went in a blur of medical conferences overseas and charity events. Now this might guarantee him the golden "self-important" belt, but he does it for a much greater cause. Not for the reputation boost – most definitely not that. His five siblings would vouch for that.

Matthew pushes off the doorjamb, his hand fisting into a ball in his pocket as the body on the bed stirred – crap, she's waking up. Half of him wanted to run away but the other half, the responsible part, straightened and waited patiently.