- ONE

𝕺𝖓𝖊

DOHEE JOYLESSLY STOOD
alongside the table stacked high with expensive gifts. 'Happy 18th' banners were hung effortlessly around the ball room.

Her gloomy dull eyes were covered by the white and gold masquerade mask she was wearing - the colours matching her flowy ballgown.

Across the room sat her best friend, Sora, she was sat at a rounded table alone. The brunette girl sent Dohee a cheerful smile - something Dohee found hard to return.

It was her eighteenth birthday party, it was supposed to be her happiest birthday. But instead she found herself holding back tears and angry cries.

Her parents had organised a huge masquerade ball, without consulting Dohee about it first.

"Hey." Sora spoke and comfortably placed her hand on Dohee's shoulder. The raven haired girl could only send the shorter girl a twitched smile.

"Do you want to go back to the dormitory?" She asked, Dohee looked to the ground and shook her head.

"I can't just yet, you go and I'll meet you there." Dohee answered, Sora sadly nodded and turned around to excite the huge ballroom.

Her tall frail mother came up beside her, her veiny fingers coming over to pinch the skin of Dohee's arm. "Smile." She gritted through her teeth before planting a fake smile on her own face.

"Hello, you must be the birthday girl." Dohee looked up at the man standing in front of her. His skin was a golden honey colour, his hair jet black and middle parted, he wore a navy blue suit which had golden sequences, his mask showed nothing but his smirk and the hand he stuck out to Dohee had a friendly aura.

"Would you like a dance?" He asked, his voice deep and clear. He bowed his body slightly, while keeping his right hand up out for Dohee to take.

"She would a love a dance." Mrs.Kim answered to her daughter, Dohee let out a quiet groan and took the strange man's hand.

He pulled her onto the dance floor and kept one of their hands connecting, while his left one dropped to her waist and hers onto his shoulder.

His eyes scanned the room and suddenly, he didn't look too interested in Dohee. "Is something wrong?" She asked.

"Do you know where Sora is?" He questioned, Dohee let out a scoff and looked down at their feet.

"Sora. Of course you want Sora, everybody does." She mumbled the last part. The male tilted his head down to look at her, he noticed the sad look on her face and pulled himself away from her.

"I'm sorry, I completely forgot I was speaking with the birthday girl. How about I buy you drink, you're officially legally allowed to drink now, after all." He suggested, his voice sounding mature and his words having a dated tone.

Dohee shrugged and followed him over to the classy bar, the bartender had a long black bearded and a cloth thrown over his shoulder while his free hands poured the cluster of men drinks.

"Hello, two whiskey shots, please." The dark haired male ordered with a friendly smile. He reached up and took off the mask that covered his face.