Chapter 6 Caiyi Town

Finally, Caiyi town is in view and sadly Bichen has slowed down. Lan Zhan now has the task of making himself and Wei Ying presentable after the wild ride they just had on Bichen. Mentally he reminds himself to have a discussion with his sword regarding his Wei Ying.

Wei Ying begins to giggle while trying to push Lan Zhan's hands away. "Stop it ! Lan Zhan, you're tickling me. I don't care what I look like."

"But I do, please stop jumping and I can be done sooner", says Lan Zhan while trying to hide a smile.

Wei Ying sighs "Fine, do what you want to do."

Lan Zhan smiles this time and when he's done he holds Wei Ying by his waist and they walk into town together. Full of hope and love. Both praying that understanding and peace comes to them so that they heal each other.

At first, Lan Zhan just lets Wei Ying run and scream like a child until he becomes too tired to walk anymore. He raises his arms to Lan Zhan and begins to pout.

"Lan Zhan, I'm sooo tired, carry me." When Lan Zhan just looks at him, he stamps his foot "Remember I'm your baby Lan Zhan."

Lan Zhan smirks, "Yes, only you are my baby." He then lifts his baby into his arms. Wei Ying snuggles deeper into Lan Zhan and soon he is asleep. They go to an inn that Lan Zhan has reserved for them.

The Inn is set along a quiet portion of the river. Beautiful tall trees along the bank makes for a beautiful place to just sit and watch the river flow by. It is two stories high with balconies on both floors that surround the building, so that no matter your room you could see all parts of the city. It was especially beautiful at night with the twinkling lights from both the stars above and the town below. The smell of Lotus flowers fill the air.

Inside the inner court of the Inn it had a small Lotus pond with beautiful golden fishes swimming happily in the pond. It had red and gold cushions along the pond so that one may sit and enjoy the beauty and solitude.

One of the back rooms which face the river is where Lan Zhan is gently placing his beloved in bed. He softly kisses his slightly parted lips and smiles. Once Lan Zhan is satisfied that Wei Ying is comfortable, he goes back downstairs to order food, tea and wine for later. He returns to their room and slides into the bed pulling Wei Ying into his arms. Wei Ying slightly smiles and kisses Lan Zhan's cheek and snuggles as close as he can and softly starts to snore. Lan Zhan smiles and holds his treasure even tighter and promptly falls asleep himself.

Lan Zhan awakens to Wei Ying poking his face. He raises both eyebrows in askance. "Lan Zhan, it's so quiet here. I don't hear any people walking around or talking." Lan Zhan touches his forehead to Wei Ying's forehead, "Because my love, we are the only ones here."

Wei Ying pulls back to look Lan Zhan fully in the face, "What!!, What do you mean were the only ones here?" Wei Ying whispers.

"I have rented the entire Inn" Lan Zhan says softly while stroking Wei Ying's hair. "Why?" asked a shocked Wei Ying. Lan Zhan looks deeply into Wei Ying's silver eyes and holds both his hands to his.

"This place is near all the things Wei Ying loves. A flowing river, a Lotus pond in the courtyard, a wine shop next door that sells your Emperor's Smile and chefs whose specialties are spicy foods." He shyly looks down, "I wanted, I wanted to court you properly."

Wei Ying is beyond stunned, he raises Lan Zhan's face so that their eyes are level to each other. "Y-You did all this for me?"

"No, my love, I did it for us. If you find this place not to your liking we will go elsewhere. I only want you to be happy and comfortable" says Lan Zhan.