Chapter 1

*7years ago*

(It is a bright Sunday morning at Slotchen City. The Thacker elders are having a meeting at Lewis' mansion. They have joined to have one of their important meetings regarding their underworlds)

Zayn        : I think that the reason for this urgent meeting is obvious to all of us.
Emerald : Not really. Share some light to the rest of us.
Ciara        : Emerald, don't try to play dumb here.
Emerald : Watch yourself Ciara! I am still very much Lady Silver. I need not remind you who and what my husband is in all these worlds.
Lewis      : That's enough now. We're here to have a discussion, not an argument. 
E and : Sorry
Lewis      : Zayn, I hate guessing games. I'm sure you see your fault in this.
Zayn        : My apologies big brother. The fault is mine. I also want to apologize for calling this meeting so urgently, but I felt that it was important that a certain issue be discussed before the business month ends.
Lewis      : You may proceed.
Zayn       : Thank you. As we all know, Christina turns 18 in two weeks time. We also know that each of our families are expected to bring forth an heir/heiress as their successor. Unfortunately for my wife and I, we lost both our sons who were my only seeds to the war of worlds between our world and the Hoody Bang world. This leaves us all with only one successor, for both worlds.
Emerald : She's not ready.
Ciara        : Forgive me my lady, but time has run out. You have been bringing up that excuse for years now. We all know that the initiation for each of our offspring must start soon after their sixteenth birthday but your daughter's case is different. She finished high school last year and is already making plans to go to university, a step we all know won't happen.
Emerald : It will happen.
Ciara       : No it won't, and you know it! You told her to take a gap year so she can decide on what to do even though she already decided on being a cop because you know that school ends in high school for the likes of us. 
Emerald : Enough! My daughter is not going into crime! She is not taking over any world and that's final!
Lewis      : Emerald, it's okay. Zayn, Ciara, I'd like to discuss this with my wife and daughter alone first. Once I've done that, I'll call for the both of you to discuss the way forward.
Zayn        : That's alright.
Ciara        : Do remember that we're running out of time. The sooner we get her into this, the better for all of us. 
Emerald : Ciara...
Lewis       : (Putting his hand over Emerald's hand) It's okay. (To Zayn and Ciara) You may leave us now

*Exits Zayn and Ciara*

Emerald : We can't.
Lewis       : We have to.
Emerald : She's not ready!
Lewis       : Darling, she's grown. The more we delay, the more we increase the risk of us losing our worlds and putting our families' lives in danger. She has to start training, especially for her own safety.
Emerald : I'm scared Lewis, I don't want to lose my baby.
Lewis       : I know darling, I know. But we have no choice, this has to be done. On the night of her birthday, we start the initiation.
Emerald : (sobbing) I wish there was another way.
Lewis       : Yeah, me too.