Chapter 16

Bianca's POV

I sat on the dinner table, my eyes glued to the food infront of me. The silence so thick that I could cut through it. My eyes move up to look at Christina only to find that she is already looking at me. She shoots me a small smile. She looks really good. She has on a black suit with matching black shoes. Her hair ever so immaculate. I blush at her, wishing for this awkward dinner to end so that I can bury myself in her arms. "So," my father's voice echoes through the roof, breaking our magical trance. All eyes turn to look at him, including mine. His eyes turn to look at my Christina. I internally giggle at the thought of her being mine and mine alone forever. "I know that our guest was shocked to receive such an invite," he says, his eyes looking into Christina's eyes which have suddenly darkened. "Well, my daughter here is the reason for this peace dinner which is meant to unite both families, well, this family and what remains of the Thacker family," he says, his eyes moving to look at me with a smile before they turn back to Christina as he says the last part. I watch as Christina's features darken at the reminder of losing her whole family. She smiles though, it's a beautiful smile that makes her eyes glisten a bit. She turns to look at my mom, the smile not leaving her face. "Mrs. Burns, this food looks very delicious and I'm sure it tastes good as well," she says politely. My mother smiles and I notice a small blush creep up her cheeks. What's that about? As if sensing my jealousy, Christina turns to look at me, winking before looking back at her food. I blush harder, only stopping when I catch Peter staring at me as he tries to hold in his laugh. I glare at him. Why does he always have to find humour even in the most sensitive situations? "I have a few questions for you, Lord Centurion," Timothy says, making me look up at him quickly. "Ask on," Christina says, her voice calm as usual. I hold my breath. "What are your intentions towards my sister," he asks, his eyes cold and questioning. I keep mine on Christina, a part of me curious to know the answer while another part wants her intentions to remain unknown. Maybe because of fear, I don't know. "I love your sister, I think that response should be enough, even for you. What I plan to do with or for her is mine to know, and hers to find out. As the successor of your father's world, you should know by now that great lords hardly ever reveal their plans, especially if those plans affect their personal lives," Christina responds with a small smile, her eyes looking straight into my elder brother's eyes. I also smile. I was pleased. This woman is really smart. "Let's eat. I'm sure our guest is dying to have a taste of this food," my mom says, breaking the intensity of the environment. "True that," Christina adds, smiling as we all start to eat. "I guessed right, this food really is delicious," Christina says as she eyes my mom with a smile. My mom gives her a wide smile. "I had to go all out, didn't want the Grand Lord to be disappointed," my mom says, making Christina chuckle. "I can see that," she adds, her eyes moving from my mother to me. "This is cool," Peter says, grinning like a little boy as he looks at Christina and I. I clear my throat and continue to eat. "I must tell you my in law, I'm a big fan of you sexy Grand Lord," Peter adds excitedly as he quotes one of the crime newspapers' headlines, making everyone, including my father, laugh. This is going to be one long peace dinner.

Pick a numberजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें