Chapter 18

Christina's POV

Two of my guards hurry me into the sitting where they gently sit me down on the couch. I grunt, my stomach hurting a bit. Josh walks in and smiles widely at me. He motions for the guards to leave. They turn to me and I nod at them before they leave.

"I'm so happy to see you alive. For a minute there I thought we really lost you," he says chuckling as he makes his way to an empty couch. I roll my eyes at him. He just had to be an ass. I sit up and slowly unbutton my shirt.

"I have a question though," he continues. I look up at him to show my interest. "Why her?" he asks. I pull apart my shirt then take it off. Josh stands and sits next to me, helping me to take off the bulletproof vest I had underneath my shirt. I grunt, the pain a little less now. We get it over my head and allow Josh to hold it himself. Now left in only my sports bra and pants that reveal the top of my undies, I sit back on the couch and relax

"You were right about the vest, it works but it still hurts," I say, laughing as I ignore the question. Josh laughs as well as he shakes his head and places the vest on the table. Once the laughter dies down, we turn and just look at each other. 

"Because she makes me happy. She makes my heart beat faster every time I see her. She makes my skin tingle when she touches me, makes it warm up when she hugs me. She... is a pure soul. She doesn't judge me, doesn't expect anything but love and respect from me," I tell him, answering his question.

"Bianca Burns... she is the love of my life man," I continue, smiling at the thought of the young girl who has stolen my heart. "I love her, with all my heart."

"I'm really glad that you have found love, even though this girl is the daughter of one of our biggest enemies," he responds, chuckling at the last part. 

I release a heavy breath and close my eyes as I rest my head back on the couch. "So, what now?" Josh asks," I hear him grab the vest again, probably to either store it or get rid of it.

"Now..."

"Now we go to war," I respond, my voice now cold and low. They have started this war, so I will help them finish it. My only worry now, is how I will keep Christina protected from all of this.