Chapter 2

Present day(7years later)

Christina's POV

I look at myself in the mirror and smirk. My my Centurion, you look hot. I fix my tie. Suits really look good on me. I get downstairs to find Josh (short gun) already waiting for me outside. "This better be worth my time," I tell him as he opens the car door for me, the other guards already getting into the other car to follow us as usual. "If his reasons for requesting your presence are not sensible, believe me my Lord, I'll personally put a bullet through his head," he responds, smiling at me as he bows his head. I send him a small smile before getting into the back of the car. Soon, we drive off. I look out the window and drift off into the world of thoughts.

Narrated

Christina Thacker, aged 25. She is known as Centurion in the underworld. Some extend the name to "Number Centurion". She got the nickname years ago when words on how she tortured her enemies and victims spread. She uses a number technique  where the victim has to choose numbers either of a weapon to be used on them, or on the determination of their freedom. She lost every member of her family soon after she was crowned as the lord of all Natty worlds. They had gotten into war with the Hoody world while protecting their own world. Although they won, they couldn't live on due to the severity of the injuries they obtained. Not only does Christina not have a family, she also has no friends. Josh is the closest thing she has to a friend. Even then, she still keeps to herself at all times. Due to how dangerous and powerful she had become over the years, she managed to rise up until she became the Grand Lord of the criminal underworld in Slotchen. The title not only brought her great respect and fear, it also forced every lord and soldier to pay homage to her. The prices were extremely high, and whoever failed to pay had to face the consequences. It was known that Christina wasn't one to show pity or mercy. She was cold and ruthless, just the perfect characteristics of a criminal lord. Or atleast that's what her father taught her. She had gotten a call from a man called Mowgli. He was a known gossip of the criminal world. He was responsible for the underworld newspaper. It was his responsibility to make sure that a newspaper was released every week and that it never got to those outside the criminal world. He told Josh that he needed to see the Grand Lord concerning something that would be of interest to her so much that he needed to tell it to her in person. Being a person who usually dealt with anyone who ordered her, Christina was not at all amused by this. Josh advised her to meet up with the old man though, promising to personally deal with him if the meeting was worthless. So they woke up early on a Monday morning and set off to meet the man at his office.

Christina's POV

We arrive at Mowgli's office just in time. If there's one thing that I'm always consistent on, then that's time keeping, and I expect same punctuality from anyone and everyone working with me. I walk inside. Josh was walking next to me like always while two of my guards were walking behind me. There are always two more that stay behind to guard the cars incase someone attempts to install bombs or trackers on them. My mother taught me about the importance of always being careful, that's something that I'll never forget. Thinking about her makes me sad. It provokes my tears, but I don't cry. I never cry, not even when I watched every member of my family die. Father never raised a weakling, he reminded me that everyday while he was still alive. There are so many things that he and uncle Zayn taught me that have contributed greatly on the person that I am today. Once we are inside, I look around the place. Mowgli's workers all look scared when I enter. Everyone stands up and bows their heads once. It's always like this whenever I enter a place that is under the criminal world. I used to think it was unnecessary, but when you let the protocols of the underworld get into your head, you actually start to enjoy the feel of power. I look at Josh and nod. He waves off everyone in the building and they continue doing their jobs while one of them leads us to Mowgli's office. Josh opens the door for me and I enter. They follow behind me. Mowgli stands up when he sees me. I see fear in his eyes but he still smiles. "Number Centurion, my great Lord," he greets me as he bows his head. I am only to shake hands with other lords, those of the lower rank have to bow. A chair is pulled open for me but I remain standing. I need to set things straight here first. "I hate being summoned Mowgli," I tell him, my voice low with a small deepness echoing in the quiet room. I see him gulp as I bore my eyes at him. "I'm sorry my lord, but the information I have for you is to be delivered to you directly," he says as he tries to sound confident. "Information from who?" I ask him quietly. I am a very calm and collected human being. I believe that one needs not to be loud or aggressive to be dangerous. It's the snakes that look harmless that carry the most dangerous venom. "From me," Mowgli answers, his voice cracking. I look at him hard until he diverts his eyes to the floor. "What exactly is this about Mowgli? And mind you, if this information that gave you the audacity and temerity to summon me is useless and silly, I will so deal with you that when next you see me, you will cry your eyes out," I warn him calmly. He gulps in fear as his hands start shaking. He clears his throat and says, "It's about the Drillers world, I know how you can take over it in just a week or less." I look at him, finally, something sensible this week. I sit down and gesture that he can sit as well. "Well then, out with it," I tell him as I sit back on the chair and relax.