Chapter 14

Bianca's POV

The week flew by faster than I would've wanted it to go. As much as I enjoyed staying with Christina, I had to go back home. Especially since my father had started threatening her and her worlds, saying that she was violating their agreements by keeping me in her house. I don't even know how they knew where I am. I for one made sure that I ignored their calls and messages. Christina had tried to hide the fact that she was being threatened from me, but when I overheard her talk to someone on a phone call about it, I had to confront her. She didn't want me to leave, and I didn't want to leave either. But I had to go, especially since she was planning to let go of her worlds just to be with me. I couldn't let her do that because as much as she will never admit it, she enjoys being in the underworld. So on Sunday evening, Christina personally drove me back home, telling me that she would be thinking about me. We kissed with so much passion and emotion before I watched her drive off. As soon as I got inside the house, I was attacked by my mother who pulled me into a rather too tight hug. She told me she was glad that I was back home, safe and sound. My father, however, wasn't amused. He bombarded me with a number of questions that I couldn't answer all at once. We ended up sitting down in the living room. I sat next to my mom because I felt safer with her than with my fuming father. My brothers also joined in on the supposed meeting of my disappearance. "We need you to tell us the truth. Did that evil woman force you to stay with her?" my father asked, making my stomach turn in fear of their reaction to the truth. I cleared my throat and looked down. "No," I said in a low voice, but they still heard me. "What?" my brother Timothy had asked, making me regret leaving Christina's house. "Baby, you don't have to lie for that woman, you're home now, safe and protected. You can tell us the truth so we can have her dealt with," my mother said next to me as her arm wrapped around my body. Dealt with? Does she not know who and what Christina is, or is she just intent on getting herself killed? "I'll call the board, let them know that, that she-devil kidnapped my daughter again, let them deal with her," my father said nonchalantly as he sat back on the couch. "No!" I yelled, standing violently as I suddenly became angry. I knew that telling the board such a lie would lead to them snatching Christina's worlds from her and I couldn't let them do that. I know how important they are to her, how they are basically the last thing she inherited from her late parents. She had talked about her family a few times, but the topic was too sensitive to her so we never really got deep into it. She did admit to missing her mother though, but that's all she ever said concerning her. "What do you mean no?" my other brother Jack asked, his eyebrow raising as they all looked at me. I closed my eyes and inhaled. I had to stand up for her, for our love. So when I opened my eyes, looking deep into my father's eyes, I said, "Christina Thacker didn't kidnap me. She did the first time. But the second time? I went to her willingly. I love her with all my heart and she loves me too. You will not take away everything she has worked for because I will tell whoever is in that board the truth." My father had blinked his eyes a fear times as if trying to be sure that he heard me right. "Honey, what are you talking about?" my mother had asked calmly as she took my hand in hers, confusion filled in her tone of voice. I turned and looked at her. "I love her, she loves me. We are dating. I was at my lover's house, not kidnapped," I continued to say, making emphasis on 'lover'. They all looked shocked and somewhat angry. My mother was the only one who seemed to actually try and understand me. For the first time since I was born, my father slapped me. It was a hard loud slap that had left my ear ringing for hours. My mother stood up for me, shouting at my father for raising his hand at me. I had ran up the stairs to my room and stayed there for hours. I wanted to see Christina, to hear her voice, but I also didn't want to worry her. So I ended up just crying myself to sleep.