Chapter 17

The dinner went well, or so I thought. Because as soon as Christina stepped out onto our front lawn, there was a sound of a gunshot. I had ran up to my room to get my phone when someone locked me inside. I started looking around for the spare key when I heard the gunshot, followed by commotion and the sound of cars screeching before more gunshots were heard. It was after 45minutes of panicking around the room that my bedroom door swung open to reveal a deaden looking Peter standing just outside my room. I froze as my mind was foggy. "She's dead sis, they killed her. I tried to help her but dad pulled me away," was all he could say before I dashed out of the room, bumping into him without stopping as I heard his body fall hard on the floor. I ran down the stairs, stopping at the lounge to find my parents and other brothers huddled around the coffee table. They all look up when I walk into the room. I stand frozen at the door, my body slightly shaking as my mind has already guessed what has happened. "What did you do?" I ask them, emotions strong even in my low voice. My mom stands up and tries to hug me but I quickly move back. She stops and turns to look at my father who looks like he is trying to hide his happiness. I see the same expression on the faces of Timothy and Jack. Peter walks into the room, his hands quickly falling on my shoulders. I don't move from him. Somehow I feel safer with him than I do with the other members of this family. "Well, it's no use trying to hide it now," Timothy says as he stands up. My father throws daggers at him but he simply shrugs his masculine shoulders. "What? It's best we tell her now so she can move on quickly and spare all of us the unneeded grief," he continues to say as he turns to look at me, a small smirk showing on his content-looking face. "What are you talking about?" I ask him coldly, the fear of his response eating into me. "Your little fling with that Natty Lord is over," he says, making my heart sink into the deepest part of my belly. "And you know why?" he asks, taking a step closer to me. I feel Peter tightening his hold on my shoulders. "Timothy, stop!" mom scolds, glaring at the brother of mine that I am starting to hate. "Because she is dead. We had put guys to shoot her. Bam! Two bullets straight into her stomach. Great thing is that we'll simply pin this on her. Tell the board that she was trespassing here with the aim to kidnap you when our guys shot her," he continues, grinning as if what he has said is meant to make me happy. "I look at him, contemplating on jumping on him with my nails digging into his skin or just going out to look for Christina's body. I go with the second option and rush to the door. "It's gone," Jack says, stopping me from my mission. I turn and look at him, my eyes now slightly blurred by tears. "Her soldiers came here and took it with them. They shot a few bullets to scare us away but didn't really put up a fight," he continues, his voice gentle. "Hear that baby sis? Your beloved didn't follow the rules. She didn't come here alone," Timothy says, making me lose my control as I rush to him and start throwing my hands around with the aim to dig my nails into his face. Peter holds me back as Jack and my father stand infront of a still ranting Timothy. I finally give in as my body, held tightly in Peter's hold, collapses to the floor. I break down and cry until I can no longer cry, my body soon becoming numb. Everything goes black in my eyes, my heart broken into tiny pierces of dust, crying out for my lost love.