Chapter 8

Christina's POV

It was almost dark outside when I walked downstairs, heading to the living room to search for my little hostage. There she was, sitting alone on the end of the big table. There was a plate infront of her, and another opposite her. She was looking down, her face showing a bit of sadness and boredom. I stand at the door and just watch her. If only she knew how important she has become to me. How I can't stop thinking about her even when I'm out working. How she makes my heart melt when she smiles, and how I can't help but smile when she laughs. She is just a pure soul. A pure soul that I have grown to love deeply. I shake my head, satisfied with the view as I walk further into the room, clearing my throat to make my presence known to the younger girl. She looks up at me, her eyes suddenly sparkling as she shows me a small smile. My heart melts, making me smile back at her. "I'm sorry for keeping you waiting, I'm a slow ass," I apologize as I sit down opposite her. "It's okay," she says, a small giggle leaving her lips as she stands up. "Can I serve you?" she asks, her eyes turning to look at me. I nod, too mesmerized to speak. I watch her carefully as she starts serving me. She serves herself next then sits down to eat. I keep my eyes on her. I think she feels because then she looks at me and blushes. "You can eat," she says, her eyes motioning for me look at the food. I chuckle a little and look down at my food. I take a mouthful and close my eyes as I chew, savouring the delicious taste of a home cooked meal. "Do you like it?" she asks, making me open my eyes to look at her. He eyes are focused on me as she bites on her lower lip nervously. I swallow and take a sip of the juice next to the meal. "I love it, thank you. You're a great cook," I respond, smiling at her to show the sincerity of the compliment. "I try," she says with a small smile, blushing as she looks down at her own food and starts eating. "Can I ask you a few questions?" she blurts out. "You don't have to answer them though," she continues, her teeth nervously tugging on her lower lip. "Sure," I say, smiling at her as I try to get her to relax. "Who are you?" she asks. I quick an eyebrow at her, confused by the question. "I don't understand," I admit as I use a napkin to wipe my mouth, stopping with the eating to focus on the girl sitting opposite me. "Like, your name, age, you know, just the basic info," she continues, her smile now returned to her beautiful face. "Oh, well, I am Christina Thacker, aged 25," I say simply as I avoid getting too much into my personal life. "Wow, you're waaaay older than I am," she responds, making both of laugh. "How old are you?" I ask her, smirking slightly as I eye her every move. "I'm 20," she says with a wide grin. I internally celebrate. She's way over 18, that's all that matter to me, not that I'm planning to do anything. Maybe I am, or not. The bottom line is that she is the daughter of an enemy. This is just business... I think. "I'm in my sophomore year at college," Bianca continues, snapping me out of my wild thoughts. "Oh, that's nice. A girl who loves her studies," I joke, which results in the other girl blushing as she buried her face in her hands. "So, what course are you enrolled in, beauty?" I ask her as I indirectly compliment her. She giggles, her eyes moving up to meet mine. "Come on, don't be shy," I tell her, my smile growing wider. She stops giggling and clears her throat, her smile not moving from her lips. "BA in Fine Arts," she says proudly as she props herself up on the table. "Ah, we have an artist in here," I respond, causing her to giggle even more. We continue chatting while eating with the occasional laughing and giggling. Our conversations flow, building up and getting more personal. I learn that she only has two friends, and that she is such a sucker for love. I don't know how it happened, but we wind up cuddling on the couch while watching a movie. We end up dozing off while cuddled in each other's arms. It feels like home. Like the world has no sorrow or misery. This is where I want to be forever, here, with my enemy's daughter.