Chapter 7

Christina's POV

"Hold on, you did what?" Josh asks me, his eyes widening in shock. I grunt in frustration as I bury my face in my hands. Josh can be very dramatic sometimes. It is Wednesday afternoon. I was in my office when Josh graced me with his presence, questioning me about the absence of Bianca in the interrogation room. As nervous as I felt about the whole thing, I told him the whole truth about how I was keeping the girl in my house. He's not taking the news well. "It's really no big deal man," I tell him as I sit back in my chair. "No big deal? You are keeping a hostage in your house! That sounds like a big deal to me." I look at him and sigh. He looks at me carefully. "Christina Thacker, have you developed a soft spot for this girl?" He asks, making me quickly raise an eyebrow at him. "There's no shame in it," he adds, his lips forming a smile. I just bore my eyes at him even though my heartbeat quickened pace at the thought of me developing a soft spot for an enemy's daughter. "Man, I don't know what you drank this morning ayt, but hear this, and let it stick on your thick skull. I do not have any soft spot for that girl," I say, hoping that I sound convincing. "Your words don't match your actions though my Lord," he says as he lets out a small laugh. I glare at him, making him stop laughing and clear his throat. "Sorry. I'm just concerned," he says, his face suddenly serious. "Don't be," I tell him as I end the conversation. I finish working around 5 and choose to head home instead of hanging out with Josh at the bar like I usually do. When I get home, I loosen my tie as I drive inside with my guards following behind in another car. Before going inside, I stop by the guards stationed at the door to ask them a few questions. "Men," I greet them, my laptop bag in hand. "Your Lordship," they greet back, bowing slightly before looking up at me. "The girl, how is she?" I ask them, knowing that hostages often cause trouble, especially when they think that they have a chance at escaping. "We wouldn't know your Lordship," one of them responded. I was amazed, now this is a first. "Wait, so she didn't try to escape?" I ask them, my eyes looking at them to make sure that they are not telling lies. "No your Lordship. She stayed inside the whole day," the other guard adds. I smile to myself. She's different. "Alright," I say before getting inside the house. I was about climbing up the stairs to my room when a sweet aroma pulled me into the kitchen. I go there, meeting Bianca standing infront of the stove while stirring at something inside a pot. Another one was steaming next to it. "Hi," I greet her, my eyes bright as an involuntary smile plasters itself on my lips. Bianca turns quickly, her eyes sparkling when she sees me. "Oh, you're back," she says, a smile painting itself on her lips. "Yeah, I just got in. You're... cooking?" I ask, my eyes swaying to the side to look at the pots showing a bit behind her. "Yes, I hope you don't mind," she says as she turns to look at the pots before her eyes return their gaze to me. "I don't. It's just weird," I say honestly, knowing that I haven't had anyone cook for me in a long while. "Why?" she asks, her eyes suddenly showing concern. I don't know why, but looking her show so much care makes me feel warm inside. I put my bag on the table and sit down to watch her cook. "Well, I haven't had anyone cook for me in years. I don't mind though," I admit. Bianca sits down opposite me, her eyes not moving from mine. "I know I'm just a hostage to you, but you've been kind and caring towards me. I want to believe that you're not as bad as the papers say you are, that's why I won't cause you any trouble," she says, her eyes looking into mine with added care. I look down before the rest of her words register themselves in my brain, making me look up at her with a smirk. "You've read about me?" I ask in amusement. She nods with a wide grin and says, "I did. Also, I hear my father and brothers talk about you sometimes," She adds. I raise an eyebrow at her, my curiosity triggered by the knowledge of her father discussing me with his criminal sons. "Really now?" I ask her, my smile now less bright. "Yeah, they really don't like you," she adds, making my smile widen. I don't want them to like me, I don't want any of the other lords to like me. They have to hate and fear me, that's what uncle Zayn used to tell me before he died. "And what exactly do they say about me?" I ask her, hoping that I won't be forced to use force to make her speak. Maybe Josh was right, maybe I really do have a soft spot for this girl if the thought of having to hurt her makes me feel so uncomfortable. She rests her head on her hands, her elbows balanced on the table. "Ms. Centurion, if you're hoping to get any information about their involvements in the crime world, then you have hit a dead end on me because I'm totally useless on that. The only thing I know is that they want to dethrone you from your sit of Grand what what. They try to keep such things away from me and my other brother, the one who is as clueless about all of this as I am," she says nonchalantly with a shrug before standing up to check the pots. I look at her back from her long black hair down do her lower body. She has a beautiful and attractive body. If only I could keep her forever. "You should go upstairs and freshen up, food will soon be ready," she says, snapping me out of my dreamy thoughts.