Chapter 5

Christina's POV

I spent the weekend alone in my mansion. On Saturday, I spent hours working out in my personal gym. Later on, I watched horror movies then settled on sleeping on the couch. On Sunday, I went out with Josh and ended up hooking up with some random blonde girl in a hotel. I don't like spending too much time in this house. Ever since I lost my parents, this house stopped being a home to me. It feels so empty and is always so quiet. I'm always alone here except when the cleaners come in to clean and the guards who are situated outside the house with others stationed outside the premises. I have had sex many times with a lot of different girls, but none of them have entered this house. This used to be a home for me so I respect it a lot. Today is Monday, I am sitting alone in my office looking at some paperwork. Although I am a criminal Lord, I do have a few legal businesses that only Josh knows about. I keep them as an insurance for when things come crumbling down in the crime world. I haven't thought about marriage. Infact, I haven't even been in any committed relationship ever since I entered this world of crime. I don't think I can ever love again, not after everything that I have experienced. When my parents found about that I was gay, they made sure that there was never a day where I didn't feel loved or cared for. I put down the papers and sit back on my office chair, my head titling so that I am now staring at the ceiling. I remember grinning with joy anytime my mom told my father and I about the kind of wife she wanted for me. I feel tears burning on the corners of my eyes and quickly blink them away when a knock is sounded on the door. The door opens, Josh walking in with a long face. "My Lord, we have a problem," he said. I sit forward and clear my throat. "Yeah? What is it?" I ask him, noting how my voice almost cracked. Josh looks at me in concern and asks, "Are you okay?" I nod, not trusting my voice. He looks at me, clearly not convinced, but doesn't push further. "Scorpion, he has turned a blind eye to all our warnings," Josh explains. "Mind you, he is responsible for the spy who came in here sent by that Diamond Lord," he adds. I look at him. "Time to level up," I tell him, knowing that he understands what I mean. "Which target?" he asks, knowing that leveling up means getting someone he loves as leverage over him. "The most vulnerable but still important to him. He has kids, right?" I ask, not really knowing much about his family except for his wife who he always brings along in every meeting of the Lords, as expected. "He has two that are in the crime world, then there's another two who is not in it. A girl and a boy," he continues. I exhale. "Good, the girl," I say. He nods then leaves. I relax back on my chair and exhale deeply. If only things were different.

The hostage came on Tuesday morning. She was tied to a chair with a bag over her head. Josh brought in the box of weapons. we were only going to hurt her a bit and record it to send to her arrogant father. Josh came to my side as I stood infront of the covered hostage. Her body looked so small as she sat there unconscious, her head tilted to the side. "Remove the covering," I said, my eyes not moving their cold stare from her. There was no denying that I was angry. I hate it when men like Paul think that they can do as they please just because of the little power they think they have. My heart almost stopped when Josh pulled the bag away. My cold stare softened. For the first time in a long while, my heart was beating fast, and my stomach was turning with nerves. Josh picked up a bucket filled with icy cold water and was about to throw it at the sleeping girl. "Don't!" I shouted, shocking both Josh and myself. I looked at Josh, my voice softening. "Don't do that. Could you go check how Diamond is doing in the other interrogation room? See if you can get any more information out of her," I instructed, hoping that he didn't see the change in me. "Okay, I'll do that right away," He said with his eyes sparkling with excitement. He happily left the room, oblivious to the fact that I was actually chasing him away. I stepped closer to the sleeping girl, scanning her beautiful face. She had dark skin, a medium sized nose with a round edge and two coloured lips with a black top and pink bottom. She was beautiful. I got closer to her and grabbed a nearby chair. Sitting down, I slapped her softly on her cheek. She moved a bit before her eyelids fluttered open, revealing big black eyes. She looked at me in confusion before she grew scared, fear written all over her face as she tried to break free, her eyes suddenly watering. I gently placed a hand over her fidgeting thigh, concerned about the fragility of the girl before me. "It's okay, I'm not gonna hurt you," I told her softly, my eyes looking into hers with great care. Surprisingly, she quickly calmed down but her face was already stained with tears. "Did I do anything wrong?" she asked quietly, her voice breaking slightly due to the crying. Her voice was soft and sweet to listen to. "No no, you didn't do anything. It's just part of business," I try to explain as I feel myself get even more nervous. The girl looks down, I follow her eyes, only to realize that my hand was still on her thigh. I quickly retrieved my hand. "Sorry," I said nervously. Wait, did I just genuinely apologize to a hostage? What is up with me today? The girl didn't say anything. She looked puzzled and confused. She looked up at me. "Would you like anything to drink?" I asked her as I swallowed the lump in my throat. She nodded slowly, her eyes still looking into mine as if lost in some kind of magical trance. "Alright, let me get you some water," I said to her, showing a small smile before standing up and walking to the door. This is gonna be one long hostage holding.