Chapter 7 The Talk and Apologize

A couple of days have passed since the whole 'execution' incident. Needless to say the entire crew was extremely mad, no furious, at the three bots who tried to kill me and Starscream. Even the predacon, who I found out could transform and is called Predaking, was furious at his creator for what he attempted to do.

While it was a very scary, no terrible event, it has brought me even closer to some of the other crew members. Me and Predaking got so much closer that he allowed me to ride on his back, which was so cool! Knockout and Breakdown decided to pick me up some days from school, and Soundwave helped me with learning to code and I taught him not to overwork himself, which Laserbeak was thankful for. He also told me about his other symbiote, in which I realized that everyone had lost someone due to the war.

They all lost someone they deeply cared about, all because of doing simple missions in their own territory. It made me feel mad, but I quickly got over it and wished to only help comfort those who were mourning. I was able to help comfort some of the men and became like a therapist for some of them. I would have my sessions in the storage room, since it was big and very few bots came in there.

I was, at the moment, having a session with Soundwave, who was talking about his symbiotes, when the door opened, revealing Dreadwing. I was still mad at what he did to Starscream than what he tried to do to me, but he looked like he was really hurting.

Soundwave stood up from the crate 'seat' and was about to attack when Dreadwing spoke. "Can I talk to Enigma?" Soundwave moved from the seat to the side of me and stayed put.

"In private." He said and I raised an eyebrow and Soundwave spoke. "Staying, doesn't trust Dreadwing after incident." I looked back at Dreadwing and he looked at his peds, like he felt guilty of his former actions.

I sighed and said, "Soundwave, it's okay, if anything happens I'll let you know, okay?" Soundwave looked at me, cautiously, but nodded and walked out of the storage room. Dreadwing sat down on the crate and sighed. I waited for him to start speaking to see what he wanted.

"I know I'm the last bot you want to see, but I apologize for what I did." I looked at him and he continued. "Airachnid told me that Starscream was planning something against Lord Megatron a-"

"And you thought she was right since it was Starscream." I said in a cold voice in which he nodded. I sighed, "Have you ever thought that you're not the only one who has lost someone." He looked at me, but I continued. "You knew that Airachnid was lying, yet your thirst for vengeance against Starscream for your brother's death weighed in that decision as well. You wanted him to suffer like you are, but have you ever thought that you're not the only one who's lost someone due to the war?"

He looked up at me confused. "What do you mean?" I put my pen and paper down, standing up and walking towards the edge of the crate.

"I have been talking with everyone on this ship and everyone has been talking about someone they lost. I get your hurting, but it wasn't entirely Starscream's fault. Yes, the raising from the dead wasn't good, but he made a mistake, just like you did." He was speechless and was in deep thought of what I said. He seemed to ponder the thought and he stood up, looking right at me and knelt down.

"I know that nothing I say now will change, but I am sorry for all of my actions against you and Starscream." I was shocked and sighed, feeling a touch of guilt for how I talked, but happy to know that he was seeing the error of his ways.

"Dreadwing, stop kneeling and look at me." He stood up and looked at me, confused.

"Look, I'm not mad at you and I'm happy that you are seeing the error of your ways, but it will take some time and you should apologize to Starscream as well." He nodded and held a digit close to me. I shook his digit and I could almost see his optics lighten up.