Chapter 13 Meeting the Dead

Enigma's POV

For the past few weeks, I have been cramped on the Nemesis and I must say... I AM SO BORED!!! I can't do work since I am still recovering from my concussion with the Autobots. I am only able to do schoolwork, but I have already finished all my projects and exams that I missed, oh and to make things worse, I haven't been able to explore in a long time or be on my motorcycle.

I have asked Knockout when I could go riding again and he told me at the end of the second week I should be able to ride again. Well, those weeks felt like torture. I was closely monitored by everyone on the ship and told not to walk around so much.

It was getting annoying, but I didn't mind it that much since I knew they were all worried about me. Even when I told them many times that I was alright and that it wasn't their fault, they didn't listen.

Starscream took my recovery the most seriously with me being by his side all of the time and making sure I don't strain myself. We talked a lot during those days, and he continued to say sorry to me for everything, but I always told him everything was alright. He was walking with me, which I had my armor and helmet on, to Med-bay, where I would see Knockout for my final examination before I could take my motorcycle out for a long, long, drive.

They both turned on their holoforms and Knockout examined me, while Starscream kept me calm during the examination. I hated the doctor's office because at the orphanage, the doctor would always hurt us and try out new 'medications' that were just a bunch of antibiotics bunched together into a syringe.

Starscream sat beside me through the examination and Knockout told me everything he was doing. After a few minutes of the examination, Knockout said, "Well, looks like you listened to your doctor. Your concussion is healing rather quickly for humans and should be fully good in two weeks, much quicker than I thought. Though, I am still making you take a three-month break from any work."

I sighed, knowing that would still be his answer, but he smirked. "However, you can go for a ride now. Just keep your com-link on the entire time you ride." I peeked up at the news and smiled big as they turned off their holoforms and walked, while I flew, to the flight deck to my motorcycle.

It was being well maintained by the other soldiers and I flew down, unchained it from the railing and got on, starting it. I looked back at them, and they didn't start transforming, to which I looked up at them.

"You guys coming?"

"Sorry, dear. Lord Megatron needs us and how I would love to go, I don't need another lecture from him." Knockout said and I nodded at him and then Starscream spoke.

"While I would love to come with you Enigma, Lord Megatron called a meeting for me." I was sad that they couldn't join but was also happy to have some time to myself for once since getting back.

I opened a groundbridge and raced through the bridge, entering a desert and speeding away on the road. I was laughing and driving so fast that the wind was whipping so loud in my ears, even though I had my helmet on. I swerved through the roads and continued to speed off into the desert and laughed.

*Few hours later*

I have been on the road for a few hours now and have gotten some calls from the Nemesis about my whereabouts, but I soon caught on that they were just making sure if I was alright. The sun was going down and I knew I should head back soon, but I decided to do one final speed up before heading back.

As I sped up and heard the wind in my ears, I heard another strange noise, like someone was calling out. I looked around to see if anyone was there, but saw no one, even my scanner was picking up anything. I shrugged and kept on riding for a little while longer, until I heard the same noise, but more clearly.