Chapter 20 Loss

Megatron POV

When she said those words, I flew ever faster than before, coming to the mining area and quickly flew down, with everyone following behind me. When we landed, I saw Knockout, Breakdown, and some Vehicons still shooting at the woods, with all of us joining and after a few moments we stopped.

"Where is Enigma!" I shouted and they looked around and were frantically looking, as did everyone else, but then we all felt a giant tremor. Most troops fell on the ground, but I heard shreeks of someone in pain.

I turned around and saw Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp all on the ground streaming in pain. Knockout and Breakdown went over to them to see what was wrong, but stopped and had a look of fear on their faceplates.

"Knockout man, what's wrong with them? They don't look injured?" Nitro Zeus said and Knockout just fell on his knees, scratching his paint. When that happened, all of us froze and knew that something was terribly wrong.

"K-Knocky, wh-whats wrong?" Breakdown said and Knockout spoke up as we heard the screeching of the three Seekers.

"Physically, they are fine, but- the only reason they would be in this much pain is if-" Knockout started to cry and Breakdown comforted him as he finished speaking.

"If someone of their trine was terminated." He spoke softly as Makeshift said, "What?" Knockout shouted saying, "ENIGMA'S GONE!"

Everyone froze and looked at Knockout and the Seekers, who had calmed down a little bit, but were all huddled together as Starscream spoke. "W-we can't feel her Spark necklace. We can't feel her at all!" Thundercracker and Skywarp hugged him as they hid themselves in Starscream's wings.

Everyone was silent for a long time and I felt raindrops falling down, hard onto us. Everyone just huddled around their loved ones and we all grieved at losing Enigma, a human that changed all of us for the better and never called us monsters.

I then heard roars as the Predacons and Insecticons all took to the sky and spoke in an ancient tongue. "Vercleus venerous secluous Enigma!" They repeated those words for a long time and everyone was looking up at them as they flew to the ground and roared loudly as lightning struck the ground.

I looked around and saw everyone coming together, in front of me and for the first time in a long time, I didn't know what to do. Enigma always had plans and knew what I should say to inspire them, but right now, I had no plan.

"I...uhm... I don't know what to do." I spoke and everyone looked surprised at this, but I then heard Enigma's recording. I couldn't hear much of it since I was flying extremely fast to try and save her, but I failed.

'G-guys, I-I'm badly injured a-and I can't make it out. I-I'm so-rry I couldn't keep my p-promise. B-before I go, t-the bot that at-tacked m-me was *********** an-' It got cut off and was buzzing in and out as recordings were being recovered

Soundwave continued to play the recording and I could see everyone getting both saddened and angry. 'B-brother, there is an Energon crystal near me and it's about to explode... I do-n't think I'm getting o-ut any-time... soon.'

It got cut off and another clip was being played. 'Please, don't change back to your old selves, continue to be a family... an-d I... will... always... be... with you... alllll.' There was a blast... static... and then the com got destroyed.

I closed my optics, but clenched my servos, tightly, as I shouted loudly at the sky that echoed through the entire forest. I was angry, no furious, that I put my trust in Prime, and he killed the one being that I called sister.