Chapter 14 Return

Starscream's POV

It has been three months since Enigma came back from her motorcycle ride, and she is hiding something. Anytime I would talk about it to her she would just say 'I'm working on something big.' I didn't know what she meant by it, but ever since that ride, she has been going out each day and spending more time out.

I am beginning to worry for her... now that is something I never thought I would say about somebody. I was on duty with Soundwave, who was still decrypting the Iacon database, while I was wrapping up a meeting with some of the Vehicon Seekers.

For being genetically engineered Cybertronians, they're not bad at doing their jobs. Once I finished my meeting with the Vehicons, I made my way to Soundwave to see how he was doing.

"Soundwave, how goes process on the Iacon code?" Soundwave turned to me and played some recordings.

"Progress is slow... but new code is almost ready." I nodded at him and he continued to work as I finished some reports I had to do on the main bridge. After a few moments of silence, I decided to ask Soundwave if he knew anything about Enigma's weird behavior.

"Soundwave, has Enigma been more... distant with you ever since her first ride?" I asked and Soundwave stopped working and turned around to look at me.

"Enigma, hiding something." He spoke and I nodded at him.

"What do you think she is doing, she has never been secret with us, let alone with me." I spoke the last part quietly, but Soundwave must've heard it because he chuckled and put a heart on his visor and wrote 'Enigma' on it as well.

Immediately I pulled him to the side as I heard a chuckle from him and his symbiote. My faceplate was heating up at his comment and I was grumbling under my breath. I quietly whispered to Soundwave so that only we could hear each other.

"What is it you're implying on Soundwave?" He sighs and shows the exact same thing on his visor and pointed to me, that is when it finally clicked.

"Y-you think I 'love' Enigma?" He nods and plays more recordings.

"Starscream: protective of Enigma and worried about her." How I wanted to tell him he is wrong, but like always, he is right. Ever since I was assigned to watch her, my spark is pulling to her, though I have tried to ignore it, I cannot help myself sometimes. She was the only being that made me change who I was and never gave up on me. I owe her everything because of her kind heart and for always giving me hope. Which is why I always stay close to her and worry about her safety, because she is more than a partner to me. She is like Thundercracker and Skywarp, beings that I love and who love me back, but not as friends, but as lovers.

I sighed and looked at Soundwave, who had his arms crossed and Laserbeak was on his right shoulder. "Well, guess you caught me again, Soundwave. Yes, I have had feelings for Enigma for a while."

Laserbeak was making a laughing sound and I just glared at the bird, which got her to shut up.

"Starscream: tell her how she feels." I was surprised that Soundwave would be giving me advice on courting, but I still felt worried.

"I know, but... I have refused to for so long. Ever since...-" I stopped there and felt something on my shoulder, which was Soundwave's servo.

He knew about my Trinemates and how I refused to bond or be with others after their deaths. They were the only beings I had ever loved, and who replicated that love as well, but love wasn't a strong enough word for our bond.

It was much deeper than anything someone could understand. I guess Soundwave could understand with Laserbeak and his other symbiotes. They were like family, even if they were not blood, and Soundwave was crushed when they were all offlined by the Autobots.