Chapter 12 The New Seeker

Megatron POV

As soon as Enigma mentioned flying, I saw Starscream grabbing Enigma and running out of the room. I sighed and the others laughed at Starscream's actions, seeing him so excited after so many centuries of him being a traitorous mech.

We all started walking fast to the flight deck as Vehicons and Insecticons were going to the flight deck as well, my guess is they saw Starscream running with Enigma and wanted to know how she was doing. To think that several months ago, she was a captive, but now is the most important being on the entire ship.

"My, it's been a while since Starscream has been this excited. Not since-" Knockout didn't even need to finish that sentence, everyone knew why Starscream held such a grudge to me and tried to kill me. It was my order to send him and his mates out that day for scouting and when he returned, he blamed me for their deaths.

I tried to talk to him, but he never opened up and always said 'I hate you' anytime we were together. It was not only him that harbored hatred towards me, but almost everyone on the ship, even Soundwave. They all hated that I made some of them leave their loved ones, family and I was caught up in my own hatred towards Optimus that I realized that I was causing more suffering for all of them.

If it wasn't for Enigma telling me these problems, I would possibly be losing support from everyone. Once Enigma told me about their problems, I went to each individual, along with Enigma, and talked, long and hard about my past actions.

While I did get some strikes and hits from some, I also had to comfort some, not something I'm used to. I was thankful for Enigma calming some of them down and helping them recompose themselves.

It was long, but in the end, they had accepted their deaths and would try to move on. I'm still in deep thought when I heard the clanking of many soldiers running to the deck.

We all moved quicker and saw Starscream running off the ledge, without transforming. I was at the edge, looking for them both to fly up, but nothing.

"You don't think they-"

"No way Knockout, they wouldn't do that!" Breakdown cut in and was looking down from the ship.

I heard someone transform and see Predaking in his predacon for, getting ready to take off, when two things came right to the edge, knocking Knockout, Breakdown, and a few Vehicons off their peds. When they flew up, everyone was shocked by how fast the two beings were flying, until I realized that it was Starscream and Enigma flying. Everyone looked amazed at how fast the two were flying, but also how fast Enigma learned to fly.

"She is an extraordinary flier, one could mistake her for being a born Seeker." Dreadwing said as he looked at Enigma and Starscream circling each other.

"Indeed, with more practice she could be one of the best fliers we have." Airachnid said and continued to look at how both Starscream and Enigma flew.

I looked at Soundwave, who was usually quiet, and said, "What are you thinking about Soundwave?" He looked at us all, with a very straight posture.

"Enigma: very mysterious, search into her ancestry." I nodded and saw everyone just staring at the two fliers, and then I saw some of their flight patterns.

They flew in sinc, falling and climbing through the sky, as if there was no one watching them. I saw the fliers, along with Soundwave, Dreadwing, Predaking, and myself, wanting to join the fliers, but no one did.

"Well, aren't you guys gonna join them?" Breakdown said, but I just shook my head. "Let them have this one flight together, after everything they have been through they need this." I spoke and everyone nodded, and continued to watch the two flying.

Their flying reminds me so much of how Starscream was before he was my second-in-command, a confident and bright minded mech who would stop at nothing to complete a mission.

He was always talking about 'Seeker culture' and 'how things are supposed to be done.' He trusted me to lead the Decepticons to a better future for all Cybertronians, but all that faded away when I started to get greedy for power and my own obsession for the death of Optimus.

Now, standing here while looking at Enigma flying around, I don't desire any conquering. Rather, I wish to rebuild Cybertron from the mess it is now. For now I would focus on helping not only getting my subjects loyal again, but also to end this conflict, for the sake of all Cybertronians... for Enigma's sake.