Chapter 15 New Starts

Enigma's POV

I ask Optimus that question and he just stares at me, wide optic, at what I just said. "What do you mean?" I glared at him through my helmet and I continued. "It's a simple question, Do. You. Care. About. Your. Family?" I ask slowly, making him process all of my words until he speaks again.

"Yes, I truly do care for them and would sacrifice my life for them." I nodded my head and retracted my helmet so he could see me.

"You know the situation you are in, you won't survive if you engage in battle." I turned towards the other Autobots, who were now being surrounded by Starscream and the other officers, Vehicons, and Insecticons. While Megatron walked up to Optimus, smirking at him.

"Well Prime, she does have a point, but I am feeling merciful today. So, Enigma will decide what to do for you all." I smile at him and he walks to Driller and the others, while I look back at Optimus, who looks very concerned. He was about to speak, but I cut him off.

"While we are on different sides of war, I don't wish to kill anyone, let alone someone's family." The other Decepticons look at me and nod, knowing what I'm about to say. "Call a groundbridge to take you all back, Optimus. Everyone else, step away from the Autobots." They all nod and step towards Megatron, weapons still out and ready to fire on any of them.

The Autobots just stare at me and my actions as I go to fly back with the others, but Bulkhead spoke to me. "Wait, you're just gonna let us go, just like that!" I turned around and nodded, but Prime wanted to talk. "Why? Why don't you wanna fight us, you could easily win?"

"What good will more bloodshed do? I joined the Decepticons to protect Cybertronians, not destroy Cybertronians. While many of them seek revenge after you killed their friends, family, comrades, revenge would only darken their sparks and my soul. There would be no justice in that kind of battle, it would only be a murderous rampage to kill one another."

Optimus looked at me with I think admiration of what I said and pressed his digits to his helm, calling a groundbridge. "Thank you, Enigma." I nodded and when they all left I spoke one last time. "One more thing: keep your family, along with your human allies safe or take them for granted."

Optimus looked back at me and nodded, walking through the portal as it closed. I turned back to see the other Decepticons and a smile grew on my face as I saw all of them looking at one another and hugging them all. I flew to Megatron and he held out his servo and I landed in it.

I saw Starscream hugging both his mates and whispering to them as they both smiled at him, Soundwave falling down to the ground, laughing as his symbiotes were all hugging him and Laserbeak, and Dreadwing smiling at seeing his brother alive. Airachnid and Predaking were both observing the Insecticon and the Predacons, but from the looks of it they all seemed to get along well.

Megatron looked at me and had a genuine smile on his face as I looked at all of the happy Decepticons around me. After a little bit of laughing, and some shedded tears, everyone turned to me and I just smiled at everyone. They all looked at me, before I was wrapped up in a tentacle by Soundwave and brought to his chassis as he hugged me tightly.

I laughed at seeing him so happy and open about his emotions. He let go after some time and I was in his servo as a question mark appeared on his visor. I smiled and turned to the others.

"Remember how I said I was 'working on something big?'" They all nodded and I smiled at them all and that's when it clicked in their processors.

"Enigma, you...!!!" Starscream said and grabbed me from Soundwave's grip, hugging me tightly. He pulled away after a few moments and smiled back at me.