Expected Unexpected

Its dialog and action heavy, hope you will enjoy the chaos :)

As we trudged through the Forbidden Forest, Garreth asked, "Poppy, is there anything else you know about the Demiguise?"

I kicked some rotten branches out of my way and sighed, wondering how much longer we'd be wandering aimlessly.

Poppy thought for a moment before answering, "Well, besides being invisible and able to predict the future, they can also live for up to two hundred years."

Garreth groaned. "That's not very helpful."

Poppy paused again, her brow furrowed. "I also read that Demiguises have a strong protective instinct towards other creatures, especially those that are vulnerable."

Sebastian spoke up. "The Forbidden Forest is full of all sorts of creatures..."

I interrupted him, my memory sparking to life. "Wait, I think there's a Puffskin den nearby." These fluffy, innocent creatures might be protected by a Demiguise.

"Sounds worth a try," Poppy said.

"Let's head north," I said, picking up my pace. I knew this forest like the back of my hand, though I wasn't particularly proud of it. We passed by the acromantula lairs and I cast a Lumos spell, lighting our path and making the forest feel a little less ominous. My stomach was still in knots, though, and the rustling of the trees did little to calm my nerves.

"How far is it?" Garreth asked.

"Not far."

All of them followed me, and I felt nervous. I didn't want to lead them into a dangerous situation, especially considering the location we were in.

"Look," Poppy said, "there's a table with floating candles!" She pointed up to a little hill where a dim light flickered over an old, white table and chairs.

Sebastian whistled. "Now that's romantic."

Garreth rolled his eyes. "I'd rather take my date to Madam Puddifoot's tea shop, not in the middle of the Forbidden Forest."

As I crossed my arms, memories flooded back to me - not a bad one, but certainly sentimental. The last time I'd been here, I'd been alone. "The Ghost of Our Love," I murmured, remembering the map that had led me here, and the candles I'd placed myself. I was surprised the enchantment still held.

"What was that?" Sebastian asked, studying my face.

I shook my head and pointed forward. "This way."

After trotting north for a while, we were getting close to the Puffskin den when suddenly Garreth yelled, "Wooow, look at what I found!" I turned around to see that he was holding a small bag and shaking it. "Based on the sound, these are Galleons," he smiled.

Everything happened very fast.

The sound of the gold caused my nab-sack to shake and, in the blink of an eye, Zigzag the niffler shot out of the bag and headed straight towards Garreth. "Zigzag!" I yelled, running after it. The mischievous little beast had snuck into my bag without me noticing, and was now running up Garreth's cape, trying to snatch the gold out of his hand.

"Aaaaaa" get it out of me!" Garreth yelled too.

"Don't just stand there, do something!" I shouted at the others.

Sebastian, Poppy, and I tried to catch the niffler, but it eluded us. Suddenly, with a loud tearing sound, the bag ripped open, and the galleons flew everywhere.

Zigzag chased after them, causing one of them to hit something not far from us. That something materialized in front of us, and we saw a Demiguise with tear-filled eyes, its long, silvery white fur collecting the gold that had fallen from the bag.