Chapter THIRTY-THREE - It's Time

The boys stood before the dancing Trolls' tapestry, exactly as I had instructed them. Three towering piles of archived Daily Prophet newspapers lay at Sebastian's feet, while he curiously observed the intricate scene woven into the fabric. Meanwhile, Ominis paced back and forth with nervous energy, his emotions palpable.

The events of the previous evening had left us unsure where we stood with each other. Although nothing had happen between us, the shared moments had deepened our connection, leaving me unsure of how to process it all. And it seemed that Ominis felt the same way.

Spotting my arrival from the stairwell, Sebastian's eyes lit up. "Finally! Will you put an end to the mystery and reveal why we're here?"

I replied with a sleepy smile, "Good evening to you too, Sebastian!" I reached out and touched Ominis's shoulder, reassuring him of my presence. He halted his restless pacing, and return the greeting.

Without wasting a moment, I turned to face the plain wall and announced with a flourish, "My friends, the time has come." I pointed dramatically ahead. "Behold, the Room of Requirement."

Sebastian, always quick-witted, quipped to Ominis, "Seems like our dear Ophelia has gone a bit mad."

Ominis, ever the skeptic, raised an eyebrow and said, "Ophelia, my wand detects no nearby doors."

I let out a playful snort. "Oh, how impatient you are! Just wait until I work my magic!"

Motioning for them to stay put, I immersed myself in concentration, communicating my desires to the Room of Requirement. I pleaded with it to grant access to my Slytherin companions. The sound of my footsteps bounced back from the corridor of the Astronomy Tower. Upon passing the wall for the third time, it shifted and transformed, revealing a grand arched doorway.

"Wow, what in Merlin's name!" Sebastian exclaimed. Ominis wore a small, knowing smile as the door creaked open, an entrance that had not existed moments before.

Yet, my expression froze.

Sebastian was about to step forward when I reached out, gently grasping his robe. "This is not my room."

Ominis asked gently, "Then what is it, my dear?" He sensed the hint of panic in my voice.

"It's the Room of Hidden Things." Confused and uncertain about the source of the problem, I closed the door and retraced my steps, focusing intently on my desired room-the one with my beloved creatures, cozy couches, potion tables, and chomping cabbages.

To my dismay, the door reappeared.

Once again, it revealed the Room of Hidden Things.

"I don't understand," I confessed to my friends, crossing my arms I thoroughly examined what could have gone wrong. "This isn't what I wanted to show you."

Ominis chimed in, "Perhaps it's intentional. This place is called the Room of Requirement for a reason, isn't it?"

I nodded,"Yes, that's true."

"In my family, there have been rumours about this room. They say it transforms into the space that one needs at a particular moment."

I followed his train of thought, my hand resting against my jaw as I mulled over his words. "I see where you're going with this. But I still can't comprehend why we would need a room filled with all this... junk."

Sebastian interjected, his curiosity won him over. "Maybe we'll find out if we explore it. Let's head inside and take a look."

Reluctantly, I followed my Slytherin companions into the room. As I crossed the doorstep, I caught the glimpse of familiarity. Piles of misplaced objects, hidden treasures, and discarded artefacts towered over one another, creating mountains of random items. Narrow, maze-like paths meandered through the chaotic space, occasionally obstructed by piles of useless furniture debris.