Not Everyone Can be a Hero

Sorry, but it's true

To be a hero you need a few specific things, as outlined by Texan Hero Network;

1.) A heart of gold (subjective, Jay thinks.)

2.) Loyalty to your teammates (unless you are Alpha Man. Alpha Man is Class S so he doesn't really do 'teamwork.')

3.) A unique power that can be used to protect the city (though unique is subjective, considering the city has a bunch of heroes with run-of-the-mill superstrength.)

Regarding that relatively low bar of entry, you'd think that Jay would have been accepted into the Network years earlier. But the council had rejected him so many times—nobody wanted to believe that common sense was a superpower. However, after years of vigilante work, he'd proven himself once and for all. He was finally, finally, a superhero.

"Hey, where's Pixiepuff's latte???

Okay, so he's a super sidekick, one that fetches lattes occasionally. No shame in that...sidekicks still play a vital role in protecting the good citizens of Neo Houston...

sidekicks still play a vital role in protecting the good citizens of Neo Houston

Jay looks up from his phone

Jay looks up from his phone. Magical Girl Pixamena is scowling at him, holding her winged Pomeranian securely in her arms. She's astoundingly cute, with her long pink twin tails draping down a petite frame—but her frills and glitter have no effect on the sidekick. He has come to understand that they forgot to add "everything nice" when concocting this overpowered pixie...