Heroes Need to be Cautious

Or, they should be, but they rarely actually do take any precautions

Or, they should be, but they rarely actually do take any precautions. If there's one thing to be grateful for though, is that it usually all turns out okay, somehow. There's always some deus ex machina waiting in the wings to save the civilians under the massive crumbling skyscraper, wayward laser beam, or falling kaiju, and always some lucky punch, power, or circumstance to save the hero.

Unfortunately, that rule doesn't apply to villains, so Jay can't help but let out a somewhat girlish scream as they plummet over the side of the overpass. Thankfully, while Jay panics, Razzmatazz takes action. Out the window she goes, morphing in a cascade of color into a giant winged creature that invokes the image of  something between thunderbird and big bird. Large talons grip the sides of the van, bending metal with a screeeeech!

They glide down  until the tires are just a few feet from the ground. Razzmatazz drops them suddenly, tumbling down into a heap of rainbows.

The van comes to a skidding halt a few paces after, just barely avoiding tipping over. As soon as they're stopped, Jay exits, running to razzmatazz.. "Razz! Are you okay?"

Razzmatazz sits up. One of her eyes is drifting down her face, like her skin is made of melty play-dough, "I'm okay. Gimme a moment to remember what people look like."

Taurrage helps her up with an extended hand. "Okay, so now what do we do?"

Jay looks around. They're in a subsection of undeveloped land, rare for Neo Houston these days. Forest surrounds them on all sides, filling the air with the sounds of rustling leaves and distant traffic, only unbroken by his phone buzzing yet again.

Looking down, Jay notes that his GPS has opened up autonomously. A mysterious unknown marker blinks on the map. That must be their destination.

"Let's go."

Jay leads the way through the forest, Taurrage and Razzmatazz trailing after him. Once under the canopy, the lights of the city are completely obscured, forcing the party to rely on their phone's flashlights. Jay peers through the oppressive darkness, unfamiliar to him after years of living in the flashy glow of streetlamps and neon signs.

"Is that a fence?" Taurrage asks.

Jay squints. "Looks like it. From the sound of that hum, it must be electrified."

"How are we going to get over it?"

With a strange squelch sound Razzmatazz shifts into a very uncanny, organic-looking ladder. Jay shudders as he climbs on, trying not to think too hard of how‌ his life choices got him here. Once on the other side, they walk about fifty paces before they see it: a giant, completely unlit, industrial compound. Jay's heart jumps in his chest. How did such a massive complex go hidden?

Taurrage huffs, growing in size as his bovine traits begin to take over. "Hey, brave leader, this is your mission. What are we doing?"

Jay looks down back at the GPS. The red light marking the map moves subtly. "I think this is leading us to Frame. We need to get to her as quick as possible before making our way out. Echo, are you there?"