Heroes are Celebrities

This is actually a fact that Jay had forgotten for the longest time

This is actually a fact that Jay had forgotten for the longest time. It didn't apply to him as a hero who was so under the radar that the Network photoshopped him out of promotional material—or at least it didn't before.

"I really don't want to do this," He groans, looking down at his phone. He's still buckled into his seat, forehead against the steering wheel.

"Do you want me to come get you?" Gannet asks.

"No. I just—I'm worried about what I'm going to say. I wish the Network wasn't making me do this."

Jay sighs. He glances out of the window at the news station. It looms ominously, causing his stomach to flip uncomfortably.

The cheerful voice of Gannet interrupts his thoughts. "It's just an interview. I doubt they're going to ask you anything too hard, they're just trying to latch onto anything that will distract from the Massasauga controversy. Plus, if anything happens, you'll know I'll be there."

"I know. You know I'm so grateful for you, right?"

Gannet giggles. "Yes."

"Are we...okay? After what happened with Pixamena?"

"You mean because you knew Pixamena was Faye, and you didn't tell me?"

Jay winces. "Yeah. We had that entire conversation about being honest, and I didn't say anything."

"It would've been nice to know. But you didn't tell me because you were trying to protect her, right? I still care about her...so I appreciate you doing that."

Jay breathes a sigh of relief. "That's good to hear. She's been through a lot lately."

"I'm so proud of her, I never thought she could do such amazing things..." Gannet pauses. "She hates me now, Jay."

"No, she doesn't. She's just scared."

"She—she must think I was trying to get intel about her through you. She probably doesn't even think I'm human anymore."

"Look, she's definitely mad, but it's too early to give up. She cares a lot about you. Remember when she pulled me out of my apartment? That was her scolding me, telling me I needed to stop leading on my fan."

"Really? She got angry with you?"

"Yeah, she did. She was worried about me hurting you. Just give her some time and, ah, don't antagonize her if you have to fight her."

"Okay."

"I have to go now. Can you get somewhere nearby just in case things go south?"

"I'm watching you already."

Jay pauses. He looks out the window, trying to spot Gannet. There're throngs of fans outside the news station studio, but Jay can't find him.

"Where are you? I don't see you."