Villains are Predictable

˖°.~Author's Note~˖°

Hewwo! Thank you so much for continuing to read My Sweetheart Nemesis! The update schedule will be a lot slower as I deal with school, I'm sowwy. Please stay tuned, as I have so much story to share with you all! OwO ˖°.

Sure, their method's and technique's may vary, but all in all villains all seem to copy each other

Sure, their method's and technique's may vary, but all in all villains all seem to copy each other. They take damsels hostage, build doomsday devices, experiment with unstable mutagenic chemicals; that makes them predictable and therefore weak. Jay is going to change all of that...

"Okay, let's go over the plan one more time. Does everyone understand what they're supposed to do?" he says.

Texas stamps his hoof nervously, it clatters against the ancient brick of the Houston city hall building. "Tell me again why we have to do this here? I hate being so high up!"

"I asked for location suggestions, the only place you suggested was H-E-B. We are not going to enact our villainous plot at a grocery store."

"They've gone woke! Why do they need a whole aisle dedicated to vegan foods!?"

"I chose this location we're going to bring justice to Houston. Where better to start than city hall?"

"Let's get back on track," Stygian interrupts, "Are you feeling okay? It's only been a few weeks, are you sure you don't need more time to recover?"

Jay swallows thickly. His body seems to be mostly healed, but it's his mind that he's concerned about. Fortunately, it seems like the strange voices haven't returned. Would it be too optimistic to assume they were a fluke?

Suddenly, as if taunting him, a quiet voice filters into his mind.

...If Jay wants some privacy he just has to ask, right? We don't need to be watching 24/7, just enough to get the juicy bits...

Shit. The fuck did that mean? He wasn't concerned about his privacy before...paranoia about being watched was a classic sign of mental illness, right?

He takes a deep breath, staying calm. As a hero, he's used to being watched, and since this voice just seems interested in the quote-on-quote "juicy bits" of his life, it's not like they're any different from the average superfan tuning into SuperNewsDaily...

He puts it out of his mind for the moment. It didn't matter right now, what matters is the mission.

"I'm fine, but we need to talk about some issues that might arise."

Stygian grins with wide eyes, flexing sharp claws menacingly. "Don't worry, I can handle any problems."

"We need more than brute strength, we need intelligence. So it's imperative we prepare for what to do if things go wrong."