Heroes Rebrand Often

For heroes, it seems that changing your "brand" is common, if not expected

 For heroes, it seems that changing your "brand" is common, if not expected. Jay supposes from the outside looking in, he has transformed from dorky sidekick underling to a mysterious, brooding, heartbroken antihero. As a result, he's been the talk of the town lately.

Although it should make him happy that he's being taken more seriously, being considered a "real hero" is actually starting to grind on his nerves. He hates the stupid high-level meetings about Paradoxico and his obviously never-gonna-work schemes, the constant interviews from Supernewsdaily asking him inane shit like rating the hottest female super, and his fans constantly haranguing him for signatures and selfies. The fans especially get on his nerves—a sizable chunk of his "fanbase" appears to be what they "Stygwit fans," or superfans who seem to really enjoy Jay getting into compromising situations with Stygian. Most are polite, though some of the illustrations he's been given have made him red in the face (and what's worse is Gannet has been saving such "artworks" to fawn over them.)

When it comes to villains though, it's harder to change public perception. Villain's find their niche and rarely do they ever leave them. Of course, there were outliers, there was the occasional henchman-redeemed-antihero. However, even then, they didn't become official heroes under the banner of the Texan Hero Network. They were still relegated as degenerates and a threat to public safety.

Unfortunately for Stygian, that meant he had a new role in NeoHouston; the ultimate big bad. There was no way to rebrand after being awarded that title. After all, the last class-S was Calamity. Stygian couldn't just go back to being the goofy, glamorous, silly menace he used to be. Though, it seems he didn't get the memo...

Jay is in his car, staring down at his phone with confusion as he watches the "Villainous Dance Workout Routine Livestream!!!1!" Stygian is gyrating his hips provocatively, with Razzmatazz following his example. With a swell of music, they both drop down before coming back up to a bent over position. Jay scowls as Razzmatazz takes on his appearance to twerk rapidly.

Pixamena looks over from the passenger seat, making a snobby expression of disgust. "We tracked their location. Let's go."

Jay buckles up, stowing away his phone in his pocket as she sets up the GPS. The van starts up with a roar and they speed down the road as he turns up the thermostat. Although Jay isn't sensitive to the cold, he knows Faye is. Even if she glared at him for suggesting she wear jeans under her dress.

Disregarding the nip in the air, they speed down the frosty highway. The traffic is incredibly sparse today. Jay figures it's the slight amount of snow drifting down from the sky—Houston rarely gets any, and Texans treat any sign of frozen precipitation like a sign of the end times. Or they just drive 30 miles per hour in the left lane. With their hazard lights on.

Luckily Jay doesn't find any obstacles on the road, and they're able to get to their destination in time. They come to an abandoned overpass, the location spotted in the video. But as Pixamena and Jay approach, there's no sign of Stygian and Razz.