Villains Always Kidnap Damsels

Though In recent years, villains have stopped only kidnapping women, attempting to be more gender-neutral with their hostages

Though In recent years, villains have stopped only kidnapping women, attempting to be more gender-neutral with their hostages. Jay is honestly baffled by the change. Why do villains care if they're seen as sexist? Although, perhaps someone like Stygian probably wants to be seen as "evil in the right ways." Regardless, Jay isn't mad about the times changing, but he can't help but feel that if the old trend had remained true he wouldn't be in this situation...

"Stygian," Razzmatazz growls, "you were supposed to kidnap Walljumper, not Quickwit."

Yep, that's right, thanks to Jay's subtle prodding, Stygian freed Razzmatazz from her prison last night. The hero's reward? Being kidnapped by the duo and held hostage in some empty warehouse.

Jay sighs, sniffing as the dust-filled atmosphere triggers his allergies.

"Just because you came up with the plan doesn't mean I'm your sidekick," Stygian huffs, "they'll care more about him..."

"Care more? About Quickwit? Styggy, they don't give a shit about their sidekicks

"Care more? About Quickwit? Styggy, they don't give a shit about their sidekicks."

Stygian scowls, crossing his arms. He turns his gaze toward Jay, red eyes glaring. "Tell her I'm right!"

Jay cocks an eyebrow, shifting uncomfortably as a droplet of sweat rolls down his back. "You want me to tell your partner you were right to kidnap me?"

"Yes! I mean, Walljumper is some kid who's not even graduated from the hero program! You're a much better option."

"Well I'm not about to give a villain advice, but I say it's a lot less weird to kidnap an adult man."

"Right?"

Razzmatazz groans, fanning herself with a pinched expression. "Why is he not gagged? You're supposed to gag hostages!"

"He's been pretty well-behaved so far. I don't think it's necessary."

The villainess rolls her eyes, pulling out her phone. "Fine, but only because he's much less annoying compared to other heroes...let's just make the video..."

There's a ping as the dark-skinned woman starts the video, directing it at where Jay sits bound. Stygian walks into frame, his onyx tendrils swirling menacingly.