Ch 2

I tried to fall asleep after I got back to my dorm room, Ms Cain's words screaming in my mind, "Please forget everything we did here." How could she do that? She is my professor, I know it is wrong, but the things I feel for her cannot be one-sided. Surely not...

I cried myself to sleep.

That night was awful. I couldn't sleep, I was tossing and turning every five minutes. My body was coated in a mixture of sweat and tears. I had to do something, I was restless and angry.

I need to run.

Running fixes all of my problems, the thought of running and forgetting everything that had occurred seemed like the perfect idea.

I got up from my bed and put on my Nike trainers and a hoodie as I didn't know how cold it was outside.

I made sure to shut the door behind me, trying again not to wake up Dana. As I made my way outside the dorm building, I checked the time, '3:28'. It wasn't ideal for me to be running at this time as it was my second day of college, but I didn't care.

~~~

"Aurora?! Hey! Are you okay? Wake up!" I was awoken by screaming.

"What...?" I groaned, opening my eyes slowly. My head was pounding, and a sharp pain in my eyes made itself noticeable when I opened them.

"Rory, are you okay? I think you passed out." I finally gained my vision back and rubbed the back of my head with my hand, feeling a warm substance.

Shit. I looked at my hand, seeing blood on it. I quickly started to panic, realizing there were people surrounding me.

"Okay guys, back up, give her some space." I looked at the voice speaking, it was Cameron. He was wearing his work apron, and worry was evident on his face.

What the fuck happened. I was just running..

"Cameron, I-" Tears started to roll down my cheek. God this is so embarrassing.

"Sshh, don't talk it's okay. Can someone grab the nurse?!" Was the last thing I heard before my vision started to go blurry and everything suddenly went dark.

~~~

"You can go back to whatever you were doing now, she is going to be fine." I heard muffled talking, it was the voice of a woman but I had never heard it before.

"Thank you for patching her up, I will get out of your hair now." A male voice replied. Cameron.

I slowly opened my eyes again, attempting to sit up.

"Woah, take it easy there, you suffered a nasty hit to the head." The unfamiliar voice spoke.

I turned to see a ginger woman, she had green eyes and freckled, fair skin. She looked quite young. I quickly identified her as the college's nurse.

"Oh, um thanks for taking care of me but I need to get going." I attempted to turn to stand but stumbled into the nurse's arms.

"Aurora, I am afraid you aren't going anywhere for the day, you have a severe concussion so you need to rest. My name is Nurse Padman but you can just call me Alice, I have left you some breakfast and orange juice on the bedside table. Oh, and your professors are already aware of the incident and expect your absence so there is no need to panic." She smiled at me, awaiting my response.

"Um, okay. Thanks I guess." I winced at the sudden pain I felt in the back of my head.

"Try not to touch your head, we don't want to cause anymore injuries. Now, is there anything you remember? Can you tell me what happened?" She held a clipboard and pen in her hands, taking what I assume were notes.