Ch 17

Alexandria's POV: 

The car ride back to work was short and quiet. 

My thoughts were running wild with the idea of Scarlet being back in my life. I haven't seen her in months so the fact that she has managed to show up now, it only fills me with worry and anxiety. If she finds out that Aurora is my student, she will be sure to cause trouble. That is all I know. 

The way she spoke to Aurora made me want to burn her to the ground. The look in her eyes when she saw her, I know it all too well.

She did always like stealing what was mine. I won't let her take her from me. I can't. Not again.

"Alex?" A soft voice startled me. "Where did you go then?" I looked over at the girl in my passenger seat. Unaware that I had been in my thoughts for too long, I could see that concern was showing upon her face.

"I was just thinking. Nothing to worry about, sweetie." I gave her a small, reassuring smile.

"Hm. If you say so~" Her voice sung, she knew something was up but I don't want to worry her. I don't want Scarlet to ruin us, I know she will try to. 

I pushed down the anxiety that was starting to grow inside of me.

"Don't worry your pretty little head. Now..." I stopped and sighed as I planted a kiss on her forehead and made my way out of the car, "Hurry back to your dorm, the last thing we need are people to see us together." I noticed my voice lower back to my 'teacher voice' which earned a frown from Aurora.

I saw her breath hitch in her throat as I raised my eyebrow at her, god I love reminding her of her place.

"I'll see you later." She slightly skipped over to me and went on her tiptoes to kiss me on the cheek.

"See you soon, sweetheart."  I watched her as she walked towards her dorm. The urge to protect her overcoming me, if anyone was to hurt her... 

They would become very familiar with fear. 

~~~

My stomach grumbled as my last class before lunch was about to end. I had become extremely uncomfortable and irritable with every hour, a headache making itself known. 

I was fully aware of the frowns and groans that my students were giving me throughout the day, they know better than to annoy me, especially when i'm like this. I would say it felt lonely being considered as the nasty and bitchy professor but the compliance from people that comes with it is almost satisfactory. 

I checked the time and turned my attention to the students that sat opposite me, some students were almost creating fire with their pencils and paper to get their work done, whilst the other students were sitting in their seats either satisfied with the work they had created or stressed from the pile of shit that I would have to mark later on. 

I sighed quietly before standing up from my seat, straightening out the wrinkles in my clothes and clearing my throat, "That's all for today. Leave your papers on my desk before you go and I will see you all tomorrow." 

They were quick to leave their desks, not a sound coming out of their mouths until they had left my lecture room. As the last student left, they shut the door behind them. 

A quick sigh left my body before I heard a knock on the door. Almost instinctively I rolled my eyes, the sound bringing me more annoyance as my stomach continued to rumble. 

My heels clicked against the hard, wooden floor as I stopped and harshly grabbed the door handle, pulling it open to see what being had caused such a disturbance.