Ch 10

"What the fuck..." Alex muttered under her breath. Her face was now bright red. 

"What did he say?" I spoke but it barely came out above a whisper. Seeing her like this, unable to determine what she was feeling, was frightening. The thought of her next action, felt undoubtedly terrifying. 

There was a few moments of silence before my phone was thrown to the ground. Glass had shattered everywhere and the people around us were staring. 

"ALEX WHAT THE FUCK?!" I shouted at her, her eyes still focused on the broken phone on the ground. 

It was like she was in a trance, the silence combined with the anger radiating off of her just made me want to curl into a ball. 

I felt my eyes sting, tears threatening to fall. 

"Wh-why did you do that? I can't afford to get that repaired, Alexandria." I looked up at her, trying to talk some sense into her.

She finally looked at me, her face had changed to almost expressionless except from her eyes which looked slightly droopy, as if she was tired. 

"I'll buy you a new one, but let me ask you one thing." She stood closer to me and looked me in the eyes. 

"What?" My response came out more spiteful than I meant it to, but I wasn't about to apologise for it, what she did was totally uncalled for.

Her eyebrows scrunched up for a second before relaxing them, sighing before she spoke.

"I'm sorry for breaking your phone, but you and Cameron... is there anything going on between you two that I should know about?" She asked, not taking her eyes off of me, it was like she was searching for a reaction from me.

I immediately scoffed.

"Are you taking the piss Alex? What makes you think me and Cameron would have something?!" I shouted. I don't understand why she thinks that when I quite literally signed a piece of paper to date her and only her. 

"Lower your voice, Aurora. I'm only asking because I know when Cameron has feelings for someone, his text just confirmed it. So how long have you been entertaining this for?" Her eyebrows furrowed. She is definitely taking the piss. 

"Are you being serious?! He's just a friend! I haven't been entertaining anything, I didn't even know he liked me like that. Why would y-." I cut myself off as tears streamed down my face, choking on my own words. I broke down, unable to continue my sentence.

"Rory- I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. Please don't cry." Alex took me into her arms, suffocating me with her body. 

I quickly shoved her off of me. 

"No, Alex! You don't get to accuse me of something like that and then comfort me afterwards!" I felt my cheeks heat up, tears now rapidly falling.

"Aurora, please." She reached out for me, I noticed her own eyes water.

"No!" I stormed off, I had no idea where I was going. I was just walking, I couldn't be anywhere near her. 

~~~

It was starting to get dark. I had no idea where I was, and no idea where Alexandria was. I must admit, when I walked away from her I was kind of expecting her to stop me, but I just kept walking and now I have no idea where the fuck I am and to top it all off I don't even have a fucking phone.

"Ughhh." I groaned. 

I decided to just sit down on the side of the road, there was barely anyone on the street except from the occasional passerby.