Ch 3

Two Days Later

"Hey, Aurora it is nice to hear your voice, how are you feeling?" I heard distinct voices in the background.

"Hey Cameron, yeah I'm doing well, thank you for everything. Although, I think I have been cooped up in this dorm for too long now." I kindly laughed. 

"Ah, that's good to hear. So, now that you have recovered how do you feel about starting work today?" 

I thought for a moment before answering.

"Yeah, I can start today. What time do you want me there?" I asked. Hopefully it wouldn't be too long, I still needed to catch up on the class work I missed. Alexandria still hasn't contacted me, maybe she changed her mind. 

A sudden wave of sadness came over me until I was reminded of the other person on the other side of the phone.

"Great! How about you come in at 12? It gives you enough time to have an early lunch and it's not too early or too late. I will only keep you for 4 hour shifts at a time during the weekdays, considering college and all." I could sense his excitement through the phone.

"That sounds perfect! I'll see you then, Cam" I smiled even though he couldn't see me.

"Cool, well I will catch ya later Rory-gator!" He hung up.

Rory-gator? That's a new one.

~~~

I was just putting on my black and white vans when I heard my phone ping.

"Fucking Christ! I need to turn that off." The noise made me jump and caused me to trip over my own foot.

I stumbled onto the floor and crawled my way to my bed which had my phone on top of the pillow. 

It is a message from an unknown number which read, "Sunset Restaurant, 7:30pm tonight. Don't be late.. - Alexandria."

Oh. 

"Pushy much?" I laughed silently to myself.

I debated on whether or not I should reply. 

After a few minutes of pondering, I decided to text back.

"I'll try not to be, but no promises ;)" Deep down, I am shitting myself. My teacher is taking me on a date. I don't even know where this restaurant is, what if I don't like the food?!

Okay, calm down. Aurora you love food, that's not the issue here.

It is 11:00am, I have an hour before I have to get to the cafe and all the thinking about food is making me hungry. 

Since it's Thursday, everyone is in their classes so hanging out with Dana or Maya is a no. I guess I could get to the lunch hall early, maybe they will let me order.

~~~

I sat down at one of the tables, it is still the first week of college so we hadn't made a table 'our table' yet, so I chose a random one.

Twenty minutes had passed and people started to rampage into the hall. Since I was there first, I was able to grab my lunch and sit down.

I started to eat my sandwich waiting for Maya.

"Hey! Guys! Over here!" I beckoned Maya over when I saw her entering with William, Jen and Dana. It seemed like they became quite good friends whilst I was stuck in my room recovering.