Ch 20

Alexandria's POV

My thoughts struggled to keep up with the surge of emotions that I was feeling as I saw Aurora. Her eyes, I could read them so plainly. She was hurting. This was my fault but it had to be done, I couldn't date a student anyway so it was easier this way. 

"What the hell was that about?" Emily scoffed as she approached me, not long before I felt her hand squeeze my bicep. "You okay there?" I looked down to see her staring up at me. Don't get me wrong, Emily is a very attractive woman and I think she knows that but this whole trying to get into my pants thing was really starting to piss me off.

"I'm fine." I pushed past her and went to wash my hands, the cold water waking me up from the stuffiness that was starting to slowly suffocate me. 

"Well if you say so, I mean it's pretty clear that you two have some history." She chuckled behind me. 

My throat quickly dried up, the blood in my veins starting to boil. "I said leave it." My voice came out harsher than expected. 

"Woah! Calm down, I won't tell anyone your little secret. I mean I am a little jealous I must say." I could smell the alcohol on her breath as she leaned into my side, her head resting itself on my shoulder as she spoke into my ear.

"We are coworkers, Emily." I sighed, attempting to drag her weight off of me but failing miserably as she threw herself onto the front of my body. 

"So that's where you draw the line? Coworkers can't fuck, but you can fuck your own students? Now that's just not fair, Ms Cain." Her slurred speech only made me angrier as she spoke. 

I pushed her off of me with my hand around her neck, my own body pushing her against the wall. "You're really testing my patience, Emily." My jaw tensed as I spoke, my hand tightening itself around her neck. 

She giggled. "What are you going to do about it?" Her eyes fluttered up to mine. 

I grimaced at the thought and quickly released her. 

"I'm going home." I turned around and stormed out, slamming the restroom door behind me.

As I made my way through the crowds I made eye contact with another student of mine, the guilt rushing through me once again. I saw Jen take a double glance as if she wasn't believing what she was seeing. I felt my legs make their way over to her, my mind was racing with contradicting thoughts. 

"Ms Cain, what are you-?" 

"Where is she?" I cut her off. 

"Where's who?" I could see the worry on her face, what a bad liar. 

"Aurora. Where is she?" I rose my voice slightly by accident making her flinch with my response.

"Uh- I'm not sure.. She could be in the staff room but you aren't really allowed-." Her voice quietened as I walked towards the door that had 'STAFF' written on it. 

What the fuck am I doing. My hands were starting to sweat and my heartbeat fastened. 

This is a bad idea.

I turned the handle on the door and walked in, hearing it shut loudly behind me. 

"Aurora?" I beckoned her name.

Aurora's POV

"Aurora?" I heard her call for me. Did she follow me in here? 

I quickly wiped the mascara-filled tears that were starting to stain my cheeks and stood up before she saw the state that I was in.

I heard her footsteps get closer and closer before I finally saw the person that they belonged to.