Ch 13

The car ride there was quiet, but it felt comfortable. The sun was still rising, a faint orange glow peering over the horizon. Alexandria had the radio turned on but the volume was too low for me to hear what it was playing. My eyelids started to flutter, I was never awake this early so sleep wanted to overcome me once again. 

Before I could drift off, I felt a hand on my knee.

"You need to stay awake. We are almost there." Alex's voice boomed, the sudden contrast of volume startling me. 

"Ughh." I groaned.

She quietly laughed beside me. I don't think I will ever get used to hearing that sweet sound. Everything about her is beautiful, even the most mundane things she could do, she does them with grace.

~~~

We pulled up onto the side of a street, just around the corner from the college campus.

"You'll have to jump out here, I can't be seen getting out of my car with a student." She looked over to me with a small smile, her eyes showing a glimpse of sorrow and disappointment. 

"I know..." I whispered, looking down at my hands before returning my attention back to her. "I will see you later..." I offered a small smile in return before unbuckling my seat belt and turning my body to open the door.

"Wait." I felt a hand on my arm that squeezed gently, her voice laced with desperation. I turned my head around to face her.

There were a few seconds of silence before she moved closer to me, she raised her hand to hold the side of my face and it wasn't long before her lips were on mine. I felt her smile into the kiss, the action causing butterflies to swarm my stomach again. 

I felt right when I was with her, her strikingly cold skin seemed to cool me down, as if she was the ice to my fire. It just felt right. 

"Okay, now you can go." She slowly pulled away, laughing slightly as she did. 

I chuckled, earning one more peck on the cheek before managing to actually get out of the car. I saw her roll her eyes playfully, making sure I crossed the road safely before waving and driving off. It was little things like that, that made me feel safe and loved. 

Loved.

I had never felt emotions like this towards another person before, especially someone that wasn't family. 

~~~

I made my way to my dorm so that I can put away the clothes that Alexandria bought for me on our date. That reminds me, I never found out what Cameron messaged me to make her so angry. 

I hope I don't run into him, it would be hard to explain everything and considering what he has done, I don't think I would be comfortable around him. 

I grimaced at the thought. I couldn't even begin to think how Alex felt when she found out. My heart ached for her. 

I opened the door to my dorm.

"Rory?!" I only took one step into the room before I was lunged at by Dana. 

"Hmph." I felt all the air I had in my lungs escape me as she wrapped herself around me.

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?!" She pushed off of me, as if she was suddenly offended by my presence.

I pushed us into the room as the students walking by were now focused on the loud shouting. 

"Shush Dana. I stayed with a friend for the weekend, it's not that big of a deal."

I chucked the bags of clothes on my bed, exhaustion creeping over me reminding me of the previous nights activities.