part 7 *edited*

Carter p.o.v

I Wake up, but don't open my eyes. I just had the best dream ever. Where Jerome adopted me, we came home and then Mitch put me over his shoulder and then Jerome, Mitch and I watched a American Sniper, and then Nemo. then I cuddled up to Mitch and fell asleep.

that was one of the best dreams that I had ever had. I keep replaying it in my head with my eyes still closed. I don't want to open them to Stacy and her possy of bitches. but I have to. I let out a slow sigh and open my eyes. but the room is different.

I sit up and I am in the room. the room Mitch and Jerome gave me. In my dream. the walls are a watery blue color (aquamarine). I swing my legs over the edge of the bed. the carpet is soft.

"this can't be real" I whisper to my self. I stand up to walk out the door, but I see a suit case, my suit case, on the floor. I grab my bajan Canadian hoodie and slip into it. Pulling the sleeves over my hands. I run out of my room. I have to make sure this is real.

"JEROME!" I yell running down the stairs.

"MITCH!" I yell again. my eyes fill with tears, nothing happens. this is a dream inside a dream. I hate these they feel so real.

tears fall down my cheek, I run into what I think is the living room. no one is there.

I fall onto the couch face first and start crying. it's not fair, my head can't play tricks on me like that.

then, I hear feet running.

"what's wrong!" a voice says. I pick my head up from the couch I see Jerome looking worried.

I quickly wrap my arms around his neck and cry some more.

he just holds me, letting me cry. he then stands up. I go up with him. but not standing. he picks me up. I wrap my legs around his waist and sniffle away my sobs into his shoulder.

"your okay." he walks somewhere. I don't know where.

I hear Mitch say "woah what are ya doing there buddy?"

"shut up Mitch" Jerome growls

he places me on something. a counter top. an island in the middle of a kitchen.

"want to tell me what's wrong?" He wipes my cheek with his thumbs ten whiles ten on his pants.

looking down at my legs I say "I thought it was a dream, I thought my mind was playing tricks on me making me think this wasn't real. I thought you weren't real" I place my hand on the side of his face. he puts his hand on top of mine.

Mitch walks over to me and lifts my chin with his finger, "hey, it is real, and we are not going to leave you. we are family now." he smiles placing his hand on my cheek.

I smile a little bit back a him "I see the smile that you are trying your hardest to hold back." Jerome jokes, I laugh a bit.

"that's more like it, no girls are aloud to cry in this house as long as we are around." Mitch says playfully crossing his arms.

"okay okay, you guys win." I wipe my cheeks and eyes with the sleeve of my hoodie. and hopping down from the counter, I pull them both into a hug. "you guys are the best."

"we know" they both say.

"so what are we gonna do today?" I say realizing they are both in there pajamas.

Mitch has no shirt on, with blue-black basketball shorts on and Jerome has a "po$h life clothing" T-shirt on and sweatpants.

"Mitch can stay shirtless if he would like" I think to my self. then I silently scold my self in my head.

"well first off, we need to get dressed," Jerome points at Mitch and himself "and then we have to go to the store."

"cool, I gotta change too. meet down stairs in 15? okie?" I say. then dashing up the stairs and into my bed room shutting the door behind me.

I drag my suitcase over to the dresser on the wall next to my door. I put my pants, shorts, sweatpants all in separate drawers. I then put my undergarments along with a few tank tops in the very top drawer.

After that, I drag my suit case over to the closet and slide the sliding door open. there are a lot of hangers in the closet already.

I hang up all of my T-shirts, long sleeves, and hoodies. the only thing I don't hang up is my #merome T-shirt. I pull that out of my suitcase, pushing the suitcase with my foot, into the bottom of the closet.

I walk back over to my dresser, and pull out my undergarments and a pair of light blue skinny jeans that my old Head Mistress got me from Hollister.

after changing out of my cloths from yesterday, I put on new cloths. throwing my dirty close into the corner. then, I put my 'pink sugar' perfume from Sephora on,along with deodorant.

after I am done with everything, I put on some no show socks, along with a pair of red converse. walking out of my room, I head downstairs and into the living room. Jerome is already sitting on the couch.

"you gonna tell me what happen to your eye?" he locks his phone, places it on the table in front of him and turns towards me.

"do I have a choice?" I look over at him.

"ehhh- not really." I groan.

"a girl, at the orphanage, liked to use me as her punching bag." I shrug.

"that's not okay! You can't shrug at that. can I see you eye?"

"what's not okay?" Mitch walks in.

"a girl at the orphanage would use Carter as a Punching bag, look at her eye." Jerome point to me eye.

" I know, I seen it when I showed her,her room." mitch looks at me, I look at Mitch, giving him this look. i don't want him or Jerome to pity me.

he lifts my chin with his finger to get a better view "it's all purple and swollen, how have we, well I, not noticed it?" he looks at Jerome. Jerome shrugs. Mitch then touches around my eye, rubbing his index finger on his thumb feeling my make-up between his fingers "she's been covering it up."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

twice in one day? sorry I'm board and have nothing to do! I hope you are liking this book so far. let me know in the comments.

vote?

~Katie <3