part 8 *edited*

Carter p.o.v

"its not that big of a deal" I whine.

"yes it is. no one deserves to be used a punching bag. let alone you." Jerome says. glaring at me. 

"well it's in the past now, we can't do anything about it." I snarl.

"Jerome, just leave her alone. if she doesn't want to talk about it, don't make her. after all, from what you told me, from before you left the orphanage, she can handle her own." Mitch says defending me. I stand up crossing my arms feeling confident.

"yes I know, I just don't want anyone messing with my little sister." Jerome stands up next to me. playfully shoving my shoulder. 

"like Mitch said, Jerome. I can handle my own." I let my arms fall to my sides, as i give jerome a stern look.

Jerome looks at me and then at Mitch. "okay. I'm sorry, I'm just protective." he pouts.

"it's okay, at least I know I'm safe." I smile at him, then he walks away.

I know I'm safe, I am just not used to that feeling. I'm not used to people caring about me. I am used to people snarling, making faces, calling me names, starting rumors about me, beating me up and telling me I'm not worth it. I didn't want to tell Jerome or Mitch that I am used to that stuff because then they will feel bad for me. And that is exactly what i DO NOT want.

I sigh.

then I walk away from Mitch towards the door to wait for them because we are going to the store. I do not know what store we are going to, Jerome just said we were going to the store.

standing by there door i wait for Jerome and Mitch. Mitch soon follows me out of the living room and waits by the door with me.

"JEROME!" he yells.

"I'm coming!" Jerome yells back. the next thing I know Jerome is coming down the stairs.

Mitch and I just stare at him.

"well what are you guys waiting for." he grabs the keys off the hook, open the door and walks out. Looking at Mitch I just shrug.

all three of us pile into the black Audi and we are off.

"Mitch,can you turn the radio on?"

he nods, pushes a button and the radio turns on.

I sit in the back of the car behind Mitch, Jerome is driving. Staring out the window I think about Miss Amy and the orphanage. Miss Amy was and still is a very sweet women. she was very tall. about 5'10 wit blonde hair that went just past her shoulders. She also had a pale peach colored skin with blue eyes. I'm gonna miss her. I wonder what girl is now in my room with Stacy. Whoever is it, I feel bad for her.

I must have been so lost in my thoughts because we are already at the store. but it isn't a store. it's a mall. The Hamilton Mall in Hamilton, New Jersey.(it's south jersey).

"what are we doing here?" I ask Jerome, confused.

"well, Mitch is going to take you shopping. judging on how small your bag is, you do not have much. but that is okay, we will take care of it. and I am going shopping for my self. I need some things."

I start to say "you guys don't-" but Mitch interrupts me.

"Carter, it's okay, we don't mind buying you things, and if you don't like it, well to bad." Mitch playfully sticks his tongue out at me.

I am not used to people buying me whatever I want, or taking me cool places. or even being nice to me. Miss Amy would buy me things, but only a couple of things on my birthday. or a few new cloths for school. ugh. school.

"o-okay" I stammer.

Jerome, Mitch and I get out of the car and start to walk towards the entrance of the mall. once we are there Jerome goes to the left and Mitch and I go to the right.