Part 10 *edited*

Carter p.o.v

I was looking down at my feet blushing when Mitch said I looked beautiful. my stomach was filled with fluttering butterflies. My cheekbones hurt because I was smiling so much.

I looked up and Mitch's eyes immediately met my gaze. he held our stare for a few seconds then looked away. and actually frowned microscopically. I stopped smiling too. I stepped off of the pedestal I was standing in and back into the changing room where I put on my regular cloths again. I put the dress on the hanger and put it on a hook that was in the small room. the receptionist lady told me to do that when she handed me the dress and to also just leave the plastic on the cake that is also in the small room. I unlock the door and walk out.

"Hey." I feel like the situation is kind of awkward now.

"Hey." he looks to the side.

"There is one more thing I want, if that is okay?" I meet his gaze.

"Yes anything you would like. " he smiles at me. "where to Ms.Chaston?" He offers me his arm. his sadness went away quickly but I feel like it's still there.

"Where ever the sporting goods store is." I wrap my hand around his upper arm. it's not too muscular but he has some muscles and might I say that they are very nice.

He leads me out of the store. still holding my bags. he such a gentle men. we turn to the left after we leave the dress store, the. We pass about 10 stores and we make another left. and about 3 stores down is the sports goods store.

I already know what I want. Two pairs of Nike Pro's. 1 pair of Nike Pro shorts and 1 Pair of Nike Pro leggings.

I walk back to the juniors section while Mitch looks at some hockey stuff that is towards the front. I end up picking out a pair of blue shorts with a black waist band, and some plain black leggings.

I walk back up to the front of the store to find Mitch. he is looking at some hockey player jerseys that have complicated names.

"Hey" he looks over at me after he realizes I've been staring at him

I instantly look away feeling flushed.

"It's okay, girls stare at me a lot." He winks playfully.

I quickly look towards him again.

"What? Your mine! Wait. no your not. but you can't let girls stare at you. because your mine." I think to my self.

I felt childish very childish thinking that. Because he is indeed NOT mine. and In all my power I wish he was, he isn't. and probably, most likely never will be. and that kind of hurts me to think about that and I kind of blush again.

"H-ha h-ha" I stutter. "Very f-funny"

"You okay, your all red?"

"Uh..yeah I am fine, are you ready? My legs are killing me." I felt like i was whining or complaining. but Mitch didn't seem to think that and I was glad he didnt.

"Yeah, my legs hurt too, we can pay here and then go find Jerome, sound good?" He smiles putting his hand on my back and motioning me to walk to the cashier with his other hand.

"Sounds great." I smiling setting my stuff down on the counter for the man at the register to ring it up.

***

Finding Jerome wasn't hard. Mitch seemed to know pretty well where he was going. the food court. Bacca is always hungry.  it only took us about 5 minutes to find him. He was sitting in the food court at a table with 2 small bags.

"Hey buddy. " Jerome stands up.

"Hey biggums." Mitch laughs a bit.

"You ready?" Jerome grabs the two bags.

"Yeah," he nudges my shoulder  "this one here is saying her legs hurt." he puts his arm around my waist and pulls me close to him. he then scrunches his nose at me. it was honestly probably the most adorable thing ever.

Then Jerome gives Mitch a funny look and Mitch lightly pushes me away.

We all start to walk towards the door to leave. Mitch then slides his arm back around my waist as we walk. my stomach is now again filled with fluttering butterflies. I just want him wrap both of his around around my waist and hold me close and forget about the world.

"NO! Stop thinking like that Carter!" My head yells at me. I frown. then look at Mitch. then fake smile as we walk up to the Shiny Black Audi once again.