Chapter 32

The moon was glowing powerfully on the dark sky as a certain cat kept hugging the pillow close to her, she kept shaking whenever the thunder stroke "I can't deal with this.." checking the time it was 2:10, pulling the blanket off her and slowly made her way towards the bedroom. Slowly creaking the door open she peeks inside, thanks to her cat abilities she was able to see through the dark room "..." noticing the duo asleep in each other's arms her ears flattened against her head in sadness "..I shouldn't bother them..".

     Turning around to leave lighting struck, illuminating the entire room as Azuki yelped in fear "Ngh... yawn... Azuki..?" The cat looks behind her to see a very tired Sequila sitting up in her bum "..I was just taking my leave-" Sequila rubs her eye as she puts a gentle smile on "Come here.. in the middle.. here kitten.." her ears perked up as she shily walks towards the bed, slowly climbing it as she rests in the middle "The storm is giving you trouble sleeping huh..?" Sequila wrapped her arms around the neko, as she brought Azuki into her neck "It's a bit too much for me to handle.." she spoke quietly as she hugged Sequila back.

     "What pains you dear.. what made you fear the storms..?" Azuki stood quiet a little while.. the raindrops furiosly hitting against the building "..Since my entire life.. I have never met my parents.. my entire life.. happened in an adoption centre.." Sequila softly rubbed her back in a comforting matter while she spoke "For a good part of my life I spent it in that centre.. until they came along and adopted me.." she took a small pause.. anger slowly building up.. before resuming "I thought that.. everything would be fine afterwards.. that I would grow up in that family.. they weren't abusive but very strict.. however one day..-".

     Suddenly Y/N turned around and wrapped his arms around Azuki, thinking it was Sequila.. "Heh.. calm down Azuki, after all.. cuddling is fun" "..That day they threw me in the streets because they got a more beautiful neko.." hearing that Sequila started to boil in anger as Azuki felt the embrace getting a little bit tighter "That day.. it was a massive storm outside.. I.. ..I belonged on the streets for so long.. until his parents came around.. they rescued me ,bathe me, fed me, played with me.." "That means he has lovely parents! I cannot wait to join the family, hehe..-" "They're dead".

     Dead silence fell upon them before Azuki continued "..So whenever a storm hits.. I am scared that I will get abandoned.. I don't want to be in the streets anymore.. not anymore.." "Dear.. no one will throw you out,we cannot do that.. you are like our child you know? We both love you not just because you're cute, you are a human being sweetie, that's what earns you the spot of being in the family" she kisses the top of her head and pulls the blanket over the three "..But S/N.. she..".

     "..She didn't threw you out did she?" "No no! ..when Y/N left for that stupid business trip that was never a thing.. S/N came and took me under her wing.. however a week or so after? I had to get back her due to her not being able to look after me.. since she had some inspections over she had no choice but to get me back here.. BUT! she came over as often as she could.. Maple too.." sighing in relief Sequila rests her chin on Azuki's head "Come on.. let's sleep.. we talk more in the morning alrighty?" "..Okay master".

     The clock turned 7:24, Azuki opened her eyes only to feel two pairs of arms wrapped around her "This feels so nice.." she looks outside the window as it was still somewhat dark outside, rain still pouring down with no signs of stopping. "Morning kitty" Azuki yelped as she looked behind her a little bit scared "I've been awake for a bit.. glad you decided to join me in this journey, heh.." Sequila turns her head at Azuki and smiles "I was wondering, what if we get a second neko? Azuki frowns as Sequila gulps "H-Hey don't take it as an offence!

     The two girls were now outside taking a walk towards the supermarket, Sequila is in need of some ingredients and she decided to take Azuki along "Say Azuki, what do you say to get your collar?" Azuki yelped in happiness as she lunges at Sequila's arm "Yes! please do! I want to get my own collar! Y/N doesn't bother getting me one.. besides if I don't have a collar I might really get in trouble.." Sequila softly chuckles before rubbing Azuki's chin, making her purr "Sure thing Azuki! but first let's go get a couple of ingredients for our lunch today".

     "Do you have the money master Sequila?" asks the neko girl as the normal girl smirks under her breath "Of course I do, now I have a job on my own don't I? come on, let's go get work done! nodding proudly Azuki followed her from behind. Back at the apartment Y/N was finally awake as he was dragging himself towards the kitchen "Morning there..." he looks around the kitchen only to find no one at all "And the two are gone again.. hmph.." he opens the fridge, not seeing anything to fulfill his stomach he groans before sitting at the table.

     Sighing to himself he puts his hands in his hair, sighing out "How the hell am I gonna pay for S/N's surgery.. god dammit.. it's just way too expensive to pay for it.. my job won't do anything, I am not too sure if Sequila wants to help out.. B/N? screw that greedy fucker.." leaning into his seat he looks out the window, seeing the tall buildings that were quite deteriorated from the outside "Hmph.. I should start some sort of business? how the fuck would Sequila deal with this..".

     As he stood there thinking, all sorts of thoughts started to occur in his mind, before reaching into his pocket "Oh right.. I don't have a phone anymore.." sitting up he walks into his bedroom, preparing a backpack with the basic needs "In life when you need money.. it tends to make you do all sorts of things" grabbing a pencil and a paper he started writing *"Dear Sequila, I hope you will have fun on your own for a week or two, yes you could say I'm leaving for another business, tell Azuki I'll be back quite shortly and that I went to watch over S/N, but in reality? I went back to that prison island to get all sorts of valuables, how else am I gonna pay for S/N's surgery? I hope only you see this message, Sequila, your regards, Y/N*" putting the note on the pillow, Y/N grabbed his backpack and wallet, before heading out.

---*To be continued*---