Chapter 5

*Your POV*

     I may not be the best chef or food making but I sure can make something to eat for my tummy, Azuki is still asleep and she didn't moved an inch during her sleep.. I mostly watched over her because I just feel like she'll disappear somehow and not gonna find her ever again, after years of living all alone by myself I finally have some company "Is it morning already..?" I look behind me only to see a tired Azuki rubbing her eyes "Morning sleepyhead, take a seat" with a tired yawn the climbs up the chair and looks at me playfully "Did you sleep well Azuki?" she nods and grabs the plate with eggs and bacon "Did you made this?" "Of course I did, now eat because your tummy is yelling for food"

     She quietly eats the food that I prepared and I sat at the table with a cup of tea sighing "You okay master? want me to pamper you?" "You? pampering me? don't be silly.. besides I'm alright, just thinking about.. an unpleasant future situation.." she tilts her head as her expression went to sadness "Is master going through a tough period?" "You don't have to worry about it, I'll be fine in a couple of days, it's just.. too sudden" "Too sudden..? I don't quite following your meaning" "It's something personal alright? you.. don't have to know" "But.. I can't endure seeing master like this, I am here to help you feel better after all" "You are, just keeping me company it makes my day brighter" with a last bite she puts the fork on the empty plate and I place it in the sink "Say master, can we go for a walk? I wanna see some stuff around here and besides I'm bored" 

     I wasn't really in the mood for a walk but I guess I can show her around "Alright then.. it would be good to show you the surroundings anyway" her tail went straight up and I have no idea what that means, I don't know so much about cats because I am a dog person but I guess the universe had other plans for me "You're looking kinda odd at me, you don't know cat language do you? can't blame you.. after all you don't believe nekos are real" with time I can change my opinion about different stuff you know? "If my tail is straight up it means that I'm happy, you sure are clueless about cats" "Could you be my teacher and give me knowledge about cats?" "What's my payment?" "Uh.. food?" she laughs and jumped off the chair "The payment will be headpats" 

          *Time skip*

     "This is really high up.." "Scared of heights Azuki?" she was sitting on my shoulders because her tiny figure got tired from all the walking, we've been walking for quite a long time so I was expecting for her to get tired "Just don't drop me.. and where are we going now?" "Paying a visit to my parents" "So we're going to mommy and daddy?" "..Sure.." she giggles and rests her chin on my head "Will you carry me like this when I'm older?" "If you are a good kitty I may do it" at least the weather was nice, no signs of ruining our adventure "Did you wanted a neko? I mean.. your lifestyle is quite the lonely type" "To be honest with you.. I didn't, but I couldn't just throw you outside and let you live by yourself.. my heart wouldn't allow it and besides you're keeping me company" "That's what nekos do~"

     I stepped inside the hospital and today was quite the crowded day, dozens of people were in the lobby waiting for God knows what.. I look around but the only thing I could see was people, some of them were getting impatient and just storm inside of a room, thank God I'm not working here.. I step inside the elevator and pressed a button "Is it always like this in a hospital?" "Kinda" the doors opens and I step out only to look for a specific room number "By the way Azuki.. are you scared of storms?" "N-No?" "And why were you hidden under the couch when outside was a storm?" "Hmph.." I chuckle and she smacks my head softly "I don't like storms okay?.." "Whatever you say Azuki" I finally found the room and head inside.

     There were no nurses inside no people and no signs of my father.. just my mother laying on the bed spacing off "Hello mom, how you holding up?" she turns her head to me and a smile appeared on her face "Pretty good.. didn't knew I have visitors today" she looks at Azuki and I reach out for her "Well, that's fortunate for you isn't it?" I place Azuki on the bed and my mom instantly began petting her "So you like the gift we sent you son?" "Well.. I can't say no because she's cute and keeping me company but.. I'm still not sure about this" Azuki looks at me with a frown on her tiny face "Nekos are real master! how many times do I have to tell you?" my mom laughs before sitting up "Are you allowed to do that mom..?" she nods before grabbing Azuki and place her into her lap.

     "Where is your brother?" "Knowing him he just fools around with his wife" "Wife? what wife?" "..The one who roleplays as a cat girl?" she sighs before looking at me quite serious "Y/N, your brother doesn't have a wife, do you remember any marriage that he had? no! because he didn't had one! your brother has a neko and now you have one too, why can't you believe that they're real? just look how cute your neko is and yet you refuse to believe that she's real" I look at her blankly not knowing what to say, so my brother lied to me? "Just wait until she grows older, you guys will have fun a lot" "What's that supposed to mean?" "Nothing lewd sweetie, you just have to wait 9 months or so" I look confused at her "Where is the bathroom in this hospital?" that what happens when you drink too much water Azuki "Just ask one of the nurses" Azuki jumped off of her lap and left the room "Hey mom.. where is dad? wasn't he supposed to be in here too?" she looks at me as her face drops "Y/N.. your father just passed away hours ago"

          *To be continued*