Hermione, the prankster?

That evening Hermione slept through the night. Although Luna said the chances were slim, she couldn't help but get her hopes up. To see him again, to hold him. To see the twins laughing together. George didn't want to be disturbed that day; his door was locked with a silencing charm on it. She would tell him in the morning. Her dreams were filled with happy memories.

It's been two weeks since their kiss; Fred returned to his usual way and Hermione turned back to her studies. She was returning from the library when the tall red head turned up next to her.

"Hi, Granger." He beamed down at her.

"Hi, Weasley."

"Oi! You never call me that."

"If you are going to call me Granger, I'm going to call you Weasley."

"Fine. Good evening, Lady Hermione." Fred bowed at her.

"Good evening, Sir Frederick." She laughed and made a curtsy.

"Fred,if you please." He chuckled.

"So, what are you doing here, Fred? So close to the library, you might combust."

Fred gasped and clutched his heart. "Did I hear correctly? Did Miss Hermione Granger, prefect, brightest witch of her age, make a joke?"

She slapped his arm. "I can be fun you know." She said slightly hurt.

"Oh, I know. You just gotta let it out more." He winked. "Maybe you can assist me in a prank?"

"A prank? Not breaking any school rules, are you?"

"Not any big ones." He gave her a sly smile.

"Fine, why not. Need a distraction from –" Her eyes turned wide. "Who are we pranking?"

"I was planning on Malfoy. Why? Do you have someone else in mind?"

Hermione looked up at him as she smiled mischievously at him.

"Oh, I know that smile. George and I invented that smile." He smiled back the same.

She stood on her tip toes and reached his ear. "Umbridge." She whispered and her breath sent chills down his spine.

"Merlin, Hermione. Go big or go home right?" He smiled surprised at her.

"You know me, I go all in."

"Right, that you do."

"So, what's the plan?"

"Oh, something simple. We had some leftovers from our previous products. Wanted to save it for the right person. And you certainly choose wise, my young apprentice."

"Apprentice? It's not because I do one prank, you can roll me in with the rest." She huffed but a smile spread her face.

"Come on, let's go." He took her hand and ran through the hall dragging a laughing Hermione with him. He stopped at the corner a few feet away from Umbridge's office.

"What now?" Hermione whispered. Fred looked around the corner before grinning back at her.

"A distraction." He pointed at a spot behind her. She turned and saw the poltergeist dancing behind her. "Peeves!" Fred beckoned him over. The ghost stopped dancing and floated over. "We need a distraction. Up for it?"