A Special Night

Fred was biting his tongue, trying to hold in his laugh as he leaned against his desk as Harry paced in front of him. Lecturing him, warning him that if he hurt Hermione he would come after him.

"Harry." Fred tried to say without laughing. Harry stopped pacing and looked up at him. "I won't do anything to hurt Hermione."

"You really mean it? This relationship? It not just something to pass the time ?"

"Oi, wonder boy, listen to me. She means everything to me, okay? I'm crazy for her, have been for a year about now. Harry, I love her."

"You, you love her?" Harry asked in a small voice as he looked up at him with wide eyes behind his spectacles.

"I do and I can promise you I won't do anything to hurt her on purpose. But you have something to promise me."

"Oh?"

Fred stood straight and looked down at Harry, when he spoke his voice was dead serious. "Can you keep an eye on her this year? With everything that happened right before summer. George and I won't be at school to lighten the mood or to get her to relax once in a while."

"I can do that." Harry gave him a determent nod and Fred clapped him on the back.

"Now let's get back before Hermione thinks I turned you in a canary or something."

Harry laughed as they walked out of the back room. Ron stood there,waiting with his arms full.

"Where were you?" Ron asked as he juggled with the amount of stuff in his arms.

"Fred was showing me some of the products they are working on."

"Sure, you have enough money for all of that?" Fred asked eyeing the products.

"27 galleons, 14 sickles and 5 knuts." Hermione called over as she walked past and pointed at Ron's arms carrying a box of daydream charms. Fred grinned proudly at the witch before turning at his brother.

"She's right."

"I'm dead." Hermione sighed as she dropped on the sofa kicking of her shoes. "Do you ever have a quiet day?"

"Hmm... Sunday." Fred chuckled as he sat down next to her, p laced her feet on his lap and started rubbing them.

"That feels great." Hermione relaxed to his touch and looked around. "Where is George?"

"He's going out with Lee tonight. Going to get some drinks at the new pub down the street."

"Don't you want to go with them?" Hermione asked as she pulled herself up.

"No, I can see George and Lee whenever I want, you'll be leaving soon. So, I plan to spent as much time with you while I still can."

"Are you sure?"

"Definitely."

"Let me make you dinner then."

"Already taking care of." He winked and turned to the table. Hermione looked over and saw that the dinner table was set for two and the plates were already loaded with food.