Back In Battle

When Hermione opened the door, it was Tonks and Remus that appeared. They were battling two death eaters and they were winning. What they didn't see was a death eater coming from behind them as he pointed his wand at them. George and Hermione didn't waist a second, they jumped out of the cupboard, both blasting a spell on the death eater. The man flew backwards and crashed against the wall, falling to the floor, not moving.

George and Hermione looked at each other before making their way to where Fred would be, sending spells to the death eaters around them. Hoping they could do more than just save Fred. An acromantula ran its way to them. George grabbed a box from his front pocket and threw it at its feet. The box burst open, and the floor turned into ice. The giant spider slipped on the ice and fell backwards out of the hole that a blast caused on the side of the castle. The cry from the creature died when a loud thump sounded through the halls.

Hermione saw a head of bouncing curls, followed by a red head and raven black hair. She pushed George behind the pillar as the golden trio rushed past them. When they were gone, they made their way further, they skid to a halt because of a large hole in the floor. Hermione glanced at her watch and saw the minutes tick by. She looked worried at George and he looked back with the same eyes. He grabbed her hand and searched for a place they could cross. He waved his wand and transfigured a rock into a long wooden plank, using it as a bridge. He went first, checking if it was stable, he jumped on it slightly and when it only creaked under his feet, he pulled Hermione up there with him and they ran across from it, trying not to look down at the dark hole beneath them.

When they crossed the make-shift bridge and turned the corner they saw Fred and Percy battling together at the very end of the hallway. They immediately ran towards them, wands raised. Fred noticed them and furrowed his brows. While George sends a spell to the death eater, she sends one to Fred. George's spell hit the death eater in the back, and he fell. George picked up his wand and broke it in half as he tossed the pieces away from him.

At that moment the wall behind Fred exploded. George and Hermione cried out as they shot other protective spells towards Fred and Percy. Dust blinded their sight, and they couldn't see further than half a meter. They heard the other Hermione's cry from behind the dust. The dust started to clear as they waved their wands and saw the younger Hermione crouch down next to him. Tears streaming down her face as she starts picking up the rubble that covered Fred. Percy sat in the corner looking at the rubble in shock.

The younger George showed up and he cried out as he saw Fred's red hair peeking out from under the rubble, Fred's hand that Hermione held tightly started to move. The older Hermione wanted to rush towards Fred, but George stopped her and pointed at their younger selves. The younger George looked directly at him, and the younger Hermione's eyes followed and landed on her. The younger ones smiled at them before they disappeared with a shimmer. George and Hermione looked at each other wide-eyed in shock, mouth dropped open. Before either of them could speak, they heard a groan coming from the rubble and ran over. When they knelt on each side of him, they levitated the rocks off of him, and Fred's eyes fluttered open and looked up to Hermione and George, frowning slightly. His eyes went big as he saw their disguise fall apart, the next moment he passed out. Hermione quickly checked his pulse but felt a strong heartbeat. She looked up at George.

"He's fine, just unconscious... George?"

"Yeah?" He looked up and his eyes went wide. Their hair had changed back.

"Your hair..." They whispered in unison as they touched a strand of each other's hair. The crying of Percy snapped them out of their confusion. George snapped his head back, looking at his older brother while Hermione checked the turner, but it was gone, the only thing that was left was an empty chain.