The Time Turner

Mason ran up the stairs, leaving a dumbfounded Hermione and George behind. They looked at each other before following him up the stairs. When they had reached the landing, they just saw a glimpse of Mason as he exited the room. They hurried after him and found him waiting for them at the front door, box hidden in his jacket.

"Where are you going?" A voice asked behind them. George and Hermione turned slowly and saw Agatha standing there, her hands on her hips, a move that reminded them both of Molly.

"I- uhm."

"I'm showing them my bar, aunt Agatha."

"Now?" Her gaze shifted to Mason.

"Yes," George cut in. "Someone has been very rude to Hermione tonight and I think it's best we go before I do something about it." George lied easily. Agatha looked from George to Hermione to Mason.

"Alright. I don't want you to ruin your chances at a marriage. Better learn to keep your temper in check."

"Let's go." Mason handed us our coats as he led her out the door. "Where to?" He whispered as he closed the door behind him.

"The hotel." Hermione said as George took his shoulder and Hermione's hand as they apparated away.

"I can't believe it worked!" George cried out as he closed the door behind him after they entered their hotel room.

"My heart was going like crazy!" Mason said as he dropped down on the sofa. He looked around the room. "Do you two sleep here?"

"Yes, why?"

"There is only one bed." He stated.

"Really? I haven't noticed." George grinned as he dropped down next to him.

"Even though George isn't my brother in blood. In all other ways he is. I trust him with my life." Hermione smiled as she sat across from them.

"I'm sorry... didn't mean to pry."

"It's fine. I think if others knew they would think the same way." George shrugged.

"And what are you making?" He pointed to the cauldron.

"Felix Felicis. We wanted to make it to help us save Fred. But it will take another three and a half months to complete. So, if this works-" He pointed at the box Mason just pulled out. "We'll try without it."

It was quiet for a few minutes before George spoke again. "Can I see it?"

Mason looked up from the box he was turning over and over in his hands. He handed him the box and George took it gently, pushing it open.

"Don't touch it." Hermione warned. George nodded as he looked at the turner. He took in a deep breath as he started to tremble. He quickly gave the box back and walked to the bathroom.

"Why don't you get started. I'll check on him." Hermione said as she rose from her seat.

"Is he alright?" Mason asked as he pulled his wand from his costume.

"It's all a bit much." Hermione walked to the door and knocked softly. "Georgie? Can I come in?"

The door opened with a soft click and she walked in, closing the door behind her. George was sitting on the floor, his back against the wall. His knees were pulled up with his arms wrapped around them as his head was buried in his knees. Hermione slid down the wall to the floor and wrapped her arms around his waist. They just sat there until George stopped shaking.