Misunderstanding

Hermione was pacing in an empty classroom while George sat on a desk frowning as he looked at his lap. "What happened? How come we didn't go back to our time?" Hermione asked more to herself than anyone else.

"And our other selves looked at us and smiled before they disappeared." George added as he looked up. Hermione stopped and turned to look back at him.

"That was weird, like they knew." Hermione strode over and sat down next to him. They sat in silence for a moment before George spoke up.

"Maybe we should ask Luna?" George suggested. Hermione looked over and when she opened her mouth, she heard someone whistling outside the door. The next moment, Luna walked in. She had some cuts and bruises, but she otherwise looked okay. Luna came in with her eyes closed as she kept whistling.

"Luna?" Hermione asked as she hopped off the table. Luna's eyes opened slowly as she gazed at them. She stared at them for a moment, taking them in.

"Hermione, George... you found one." She said dreamily.

George and Hermione looked at each other before looking back at the girl. "Wha-I don't know what you mean." Hermione stammered.

"I'm sure you do." She smiled at them. "I remember you coming to me Hermione. You asked about the time turner." She pointed at where Luna's turner was hidden beneath her clothes. "You asked for a way to save Fred. And you two even saved two more lives. Tonks is alive, she will get to see her son grow up. And Colin made it, he gets to live his life like he was supposed to."

"How?" George started as he stood next to Hermione both looking baffled at the girl.

Luna hummed as she gazed out the window.

"And how come we didn't go back to the time we came from? Our other selves smiled at us and disappeared." George was getting nervous with Luna's behavior.

"I expected you too, to be honest. Maybe this was all supposed to happen. Maybe you two were meant to go back and save them." Luna's eyes drifted to the ceiling. "I'm tired."

"Luna... can we talk about this later?" Hermione asked tentatively as the girl walked back to the door whistling.

"Later..." she said in a soft singing voice before she disappeared out the door. Hermione leaned back at the desk as she let out a long sigh. "We should go back; Harry should be back with Voldemort any minute now."

"Can't believe we have to relive that again." George sighed as he put his arm around her shoulder as they walked out the classroom and back to the great hall. She rested her head on his shoulder, trying to remember what she did the last time. When they entered the great hall, Fred was sitting up with Ginny cuddled in his side. He looked up as he saw the familiar red mop of hair and the bouncing curls. His face faltered when he saw her tucked in under his arm, her head resting on his shoulder as they whispered. His face turned red in anger and he scowled at them as they neared him. Hermione and George smiled broadly at him as they saw him sitting up. Their smiles faded as they read his face full of anger.

"Freddie?" They asked in unison. Hermione dislodged herself from George and crouched down beside him. Ginny looked between the three before excusing herself. "Freddie?" Hermione asked again and touched his shoulder. Fred's head snapped to her.

"What's going on?" He spat at her.

"Fred!" George warned.

"No. What's going on with you two?!" He almost shouted. Before Hermione could answer they heard a scream coming from the courtyard. George and Hermione jumped to their feet as more screams followed.

"It's time." Hermione said and George nodded. They looked back at Fred. "We will explain everything later." She said calmly to Fred who looked even more confused. "But this-" She pointed between her and George. "-is not what you think, I promise." She kissed him quickly. "Stay here, stay safe. For me."