The Kitchens

Hermione was studying in the library a couple days later when two shadows fell upon her. When she kept her nose in her books, one of them spoke up.

"Morning, Granger."

"Morning, George." She answered without looking up from her books.

"Wai-How?"

"Hello to you too, Fred." She grinned before looking up and she saw four wide eyes looking down at her. "Fred, you're not surprised, are you? I recognized you in the dark." She chuckled.

A grin replaced his surprised face and George followed. "Well yeah... but you still didn't say how you did it."

"Does it matter?"

"Of course. We don't want anyone else to find out." Fred said and George nodded in agreement.

"Since almost no one can see the difference in the years that they have known you, I think you are safe." She turned back to her books when something occurred to her. "Wait! What are you two doing in the library?"

"Looking for you, of course."

Hermione closed her books and reclined in her chair, looking up to the twins with a raised eyebrow. "Me?"

"You." They said in unison grinning.

"We are planning something, something big and we need your help." George said as he sat down.

"We are stuck on -" Fred started as he sat down in front of her.

"You can't do that." Hermione hissed as she leaned forward. "Umbridge is out for your blood, she will do worse than make you write lines. You will be expelled!"

"But that's the thing... We don't care anymore."

Hermione's mouth fell open as she looked from one twin to the other. "What do you mean you don't care anymore?"

"We are of age and our plans don't need to involve NEWTS."

"And what are those plans?"

"Well.." Fred and George leaned forward as they whispered. "opening our shop of course."

"A shop?"

"A joke shop.-"

"We have everything ready-"

"To start up. We already have a shop-"

"At Diagon Alley."

Hermione leaned back as she studied the twins, she saw the excitement in their eyes. She smiled up at the twins, who looked back in shock.

"What? Do we have something on our nose?" Fred asked as they both touched their nose with their fingertips..

"No, it's just.. Well, it's perfect for you two, isn't it? I would prefer you two to graduate, but with Umbridge here, I see the appeal of leaving."

The twins' mouth fell open as they looked at her and back to each other.

"Who would have thought that THE Hermione Granger would approve?" Fred laughed, which earned a hiss from Madam Pince.

"I sure didn't. Who are you and what have you done to Granger?"

"Very funny. As I said, I would rather prefer for you to graduate but we could use a little laughter right about now." She said as she furrowed her eyebrows.