Occultatum Lane

George and Hermione reached the Alice in Wonderland statue. George's eyes furrowed as he looked from the statue to Hermione.

"Suze said this is the new entrance since the last one was blown up years ago. It's from a muggle book." Hermione explained as she neared the statue. She discreetly pulled out her wand and tapped on the white rabbit's clock. George came closer as he saw that the clock started to tick. When the clock reached 12, Hermione grabbed George's hand and leaned against the rabbit. They fell through and now stood in the busy wizarding street Occultatum Lane. It was bigger than Diagon Alley with a variety of stores and eating establishments; several streets where linked to the square they had landed on. It was a busy day with many witches and wizards trotting around, children playing with firecrackers and toys.

"Wicked!" George grinned looking around. Hermione looked over at him smiling. A twinkle in his eyes she hadn't seen in a while. Hermione tugged his hand.

"Come on." She grinned. "Let's do some shopping!"

They agreed to go to the potions shops first to see which ingredients they could find for their Felix Felicis. They entered a grubby looking shop; most of the windows were covered with black curtains, making the shop even darker. Behind the counter stood an older woman with shabby dark robes who was ringing up a customer. Hermione crunched up her nose as she glanced around the shop. George was already picking up different bottles, looking at them and putting them back down with their list in his hands. Hermione made her way to the counter when the previous customer left.

"Good morning." Hermione said politely, the witch grumbled in front of her, who was eyeing her with a quirked eyebrow.

"Where are you from, dear?"

"England, ma'am."

The witch took her in, glancing up and down her body as her eyes landed on her hands before they shifted to George who came closer holding several bags and bottles.

"Who's this?"

"My brother. George Lovegood."

"Brother? So, you're not married?"

"No..-" Hermione furrowed as she looked at the witch.

"Are you a pure-blood?" She asked bluntly, looking between her and George.

"Yes." She answered rubbing her arm where her scar was hidden beneath her sleeve. George came up next to her and placed the ingredients on the counter.

"Are you married boy?"

"No." George grumbled not liking where this was going. The witch smiled a bit creepy at them, her blackened teeth showing. She looked down at the products George put down.

"What are yo-" The witch frowned on the ingredients. "You know you need to be master potioneers to make this?" She said, putting the pieces together as she glanced over the ingredients.

"We are potion masters in England, ma'am."

"I'm having a gathering this weekend, only for pure-bloods, of course. Would you two like to join?"

"No-"

"We'd love to." Hermione interjected. George looked at her with wide eyes, not believing she would agree to such a thing. Hermione ignored his shocked look as she smiled at the grubby witch.

"Good, good." She murmured as she took a card from under the counter. "You'll find all the information you need right here." She handed the card over to Hermione and started ringing up their purchases. After they paid and walked out of the dark shop, George pounced on Hermione.