The Lunar Eclipse

Hermione and George arrived back at the hotel an hour before Mason would pick them up. They dropped their bags on the floor and slumped down on the sofa.

"When does Mason get here?" George asked. Hermione glanced at her watch.

"An hour. I'm just going to close my eyes for a bit." She said yawning.

"Me too." George wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her close, both falling asleep a few minutes after. They were jolted awake when a knock came from the door.

"George? Hermione?" Mason's voice rang in the silent room.

Hermione groaned as she rubbed her eyes. "George... wake up, Mason's here." She poked George's side. George grumbled and turned his head.

"Sleepy." He mumbled.

"I know, but we promised... now get up." She chuckled and threw a pillow at his head as she walked to the door. "Sorry Mason, we drifted off."

"No worries. Why don't you two make yourself ready and I'll wait out here." He gestured to the hallway. "George, how do you feel?"

"Bit tired but good." George said as he walked up behind Hermione. "Mione why don't you use the bathroom; I'll change in here."

She nodded at him as she made her way to the bathroom. "It will just take a minute."

"How fancy is this place?" George asked Mason.

"Just a dress shirt and some jeans will be fine."

"Right. I'll be out in a sec."

"Take your time." Mason smiled as he leaned on the wall on the opposite side of the hallway.

George was just buttoning up his black dress shirt when Hermione walked out of the bathroom wearing a little black dress. It stopped just above her knees and had a simple boat neckline. Her sleeves stopped just over her shoulders where it flared out a bit.

"George, you look handsome." She placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Me? Look at you! You look amazing, Hermione."

"Thank you. Would you mind helping me out?" She asked holding out her necklace. It was a silver necklace with a blue dewdrop pendant on it.

"Fred searched for the perfect birthday present for you for weeks. You had to see him." George chuckled as he placed the necklace around her neck. "Going in and out of stores like a crazy man."

Hermione laughed softly as she touched her necklace. She turned when George clasped it shut. "It's one of the best presents I've ever gotten." She whispered.

"One of them?"

"Yeah, the best present was on valentine's day."

"Ah yes, the ice-skating accident." George laughed. "Come on, let's go eat."

Mason apparated them in the alley behind the bar. When they reached the front door there was a sign in bright neon lights "The Lunar Eclipse". Hermione turned towards Mason, with an eyebrow high.

"My business partner is a werewolf." He shrugged. "He came up with the naam. But don't tell my family. That wouldn't go over well." He said as the bouncer at the door let them in. He took them to a secluded table in the back. Large windows behind them showed a garden full with flowers in bloom and the full moon high in the sky.

"It's enchanted. We can make different backgrounds but this one is my favorite."

"That's incredible! Can you tell me how you make them?" George asked excitingly. While George and Mason talked about the enchanted windows, Hermione looked around. In the left corner was a stage were a DJ or musicians can set up. A large dance floor in the front, which was still empty. Dozens of round tables were lined against the walls. Every table was occupied with witches and wizards all talking, eating and laughing. Next to the dance floor in the middle of the room was a large oval bar that went all the way around. At least 5 bartenders were walking from one side to the other trying to get everyone drinks. When Hermione thought about what to drink, a glass of butterbeer appeared in front of her. Her eyes went wide alongside George's as he looked from her to the glass.