Back In London

After George and Hermione said goodbye to Mason and promised to find him as quickly as they could when they got back, they went back to the hotel for a restless night.
They got up early and checked the room twice before heading out. They had breakfast at time square before heading to MACUSA for the last time. They were greeted by an elderly witch who guided them to the room where they were going to use the portkey. It was a simple white room with several chairs against the wall. The witch gave them a top hat and checked her watch.

"Five minutes." She said before giving them a small nod an left the room. George and Hermione stood in silence as they watched the top hat. And after exact five minutes the hat started to vibrate. They looked at each other before placing one finger each on the hat. They felt the tug behind their bellybutton and everything swirled before them; a few seconds later they fell to the ground in their dark flat. George dropped down his bag and went to open the curtains. Hermione sat down and George soon joined her. Hermione looked over at George before pulling out his wand as she tapped his head.

"That's better." She smiled at his red hair before she tapped her own head and the blond was replaced with her own brown hair color again.

"I liked the blond better." George teased as he pulled on her hair. She slapped his hand away chuckling, before silence fell to the room.

"So tomorrow." George said after a couple of minutes, staring in front of him.

"Tomorrow." Hermione repeated.

"So, when the hour is up, we will get send back to this date but hopefully another time line."

"That's what Luna said, we should end up in the same place we use the turner but a different date. I'll borrow Harry's cloak so it would be easier getting in the castle." She winked at 'borrow'. "I can get it when he's away at work tomorrow and you could get everything ready that we need."

"I can go down the shop tomorrow, maybe there are some products we can use. Every little bit helps right?"

"Do you want me to go with you?"

"No, I think I'll be alright." He gave her a small smile. "So, we leave for the castle at 10 tomorrow night."

"And we'll take the passage way under Honey Dukes. It takes a little longer but we don't want to be caught."

"And we use the turner in the cupboard not far from Fred and Percy."

"At a quarter to one." She nodded her head as they went over the plan once again.

"Could you nick the Marauder's map too? Just in case. We don't want to bump into someone tomorrow because I know we have the cloak, but not quite sure it would cover us both."

"Yes -" she thought about it. "I think I could get it. Harry normally keeps them together anyway."

They went over the entire plan twice that day before getting something to eat and going off to their own beds for the first time in weeks. Hermione woke up in a panic. She glanced at the window; it was still pitch black. She grabbed her wand and whispered "Lumos", before she flung her legs out of the bed and walked out of her room. She saw that George's door was ajar and pushed it open. She looked in and saw that George was sitting straight up, looking at a picture in his hands.

"Georgie?" Hermione asked. George looked up in surprise and gestured her over. She walked over and sat down next to him. "Can't sleep?"

"No. You?"

"No. I think it's the nerves and the fact we slept in the same bed for weeks and now I'm not used to it anymore, sleeping alone."

"I know what you mean. I woke only a few minutes after I closed my eyes and the first thing I did was to look for you."