The Final Chapter

Two weeks later

"Why can't I come with you guys?" Fred asked as Hermione and George came back with the portkey. George sighed as he explained it again.

"Fred, he won't remember me or Hermione. Even if we share the memories and the letters. It would be too overwhelming for you to be there. When Mason has come to terms with everything, then you can meet him. But for now, it has to be us."

"We'll be back in two days. Don't worry." She gave him a quick kiss.

"Fine, fine." He said as he leaned against the wall next to the fireplace. "But don't go leaving me for this Mason bloke."

Hermione rolled her eyes before she pulled him of the wall and kissed him passionately. "Convinced I won't leave you?"

"Maybe I need a little more convincing." He smirked.

"No can do." George walked over with the portkey that was already vibrating. "See you later, Fred. Why don't you keep yourself busy with the shop?" George laughed as Hermione put her finger on the portkey and they disappeared from the flat. George's laugh still rang through the room.

George and Hermione arrived at Mason's house and knocked on the door. Marnic opened the door and looked up at them smiling.

"Good afternoon." The elf piped.

"Good afternoon. We have an appointment with Mr. Diaz."

"Come on in." The elf opened the door further and they walked in. Marnic led them to the study. "Mr Diaz will be here shortly. Can I offer you something to drink?"

"Tea would be nice." Hermione smiled at the elf. Marnic bowed before he left the room. They sat in silence for a few minutes before Mason arrived.

"Miss and Mr. Lovegood." They stood up as he walked in. They shook hands before he gestured them to sit down. He took his place behind his desk and folded his hands in front of him. "What can I do for you?"

"This is going to be hard to believe but we need you to stay calm and hear us out."

"Alright..." Mason said apprehensive.

Hermione looked over to George and took a deep breath before she started.

"You met us before. You showed me the time-turners from your aunt." Mason looked at her confused, but didn't interject. "There was a broken one, like this." She showed Luna's turner. "And there was a black and silver one. You told us that your aunt said it was only meant for lovers."

There was a small pop when Marnic came in carrying their tea. He handed them a cup before disappearing again.

"Here." George took out the letters Mason wrote himself and handed it to him. "You wrote these."

Mason stayed quiet as he took the letters and started to read them. Hermione and George nervously drank their tea as George was tapping his foot. When Mason finished the last letter, he looked up at them and finally spoke.

"How do I know these are not fake?"

"We have something else for you." Hermione answered as she took out the vial with Mason's memories. "I believe you have a pensieve."

Mason nodded and waved his wand. The bookcase besides George shifted and a pensieve floated forward. He grabbed the floating dish and placed it between them on the desk. He looked at them and they nodded. He carefully poured the liquid in the pensieve and bend down. George and Hermione stood there watching Mason as his looked at his memories. After fifteen minutes they sat down as Mason was still busy with the memories. Another fifteen minutes passed before Mason emerged.