Chapter 24: Desperate

"What do you want from me, dad?"

I looked at him in his eyes and suddenly I felt Finn's hand intertwined with mine. I glance at Finn and smile at him, ensuring him that I can talk with dad.

"Kung sasabihin niyo po na lalayo po ako dad sa tingin ko po ay huli na. Oo, inisip ko si Victorias inubukan ko na layuan si Finn pero hindi ko pala kaya." My eyes moistened. "Lalo na ngayon kasi kailangan namin siya ng anak namin, dad. Buntis po ako."

He looked shocked. "B-Buntis ka?"

Sasagot na sana ako sumagot naman na ang katabi ko. "Yes sir, we're pregnant and I am the one who impregnated your daughter. I am willing to take responsibility of them, I'll take care of her. I want to be with her 'til our hairs turns gray and she's only the woman I want to live for the rest of my life. I apologize sir, but I don't want how your other daughter treats her sister, I've heard about her wanting to marry me but no sir, I will and can only marry Euphoria Skye and I wanted to ask her hand in your approval, sir." He looks at me with amazement and lovingly while saying those words.

Silence embraced us near the exit door until dad cleared his throat after some time. I was shocked when he walked closer to me and held my other hand. He's in his tears while caressing my cheek. "Good thing, you just like your mom, you're brave." Sabi niya bago umayos ng tayo at tiningnan si Finn.

Biglang nagbago ang kanyang reaksyon at tiningnan siya ng masama. Umayos ang tindig ng katabi ko. "I never forget that you are one of the Senate but since you're going to be my daughter's husband and you impregnated her. I can't let you off the hook. Understood?"

"Understood, Governor." Sambit ng katabi ko.

Tumabi si dad kay Finn at bumulong pero rinig na rinig ko. "Take care of her by hook or by crook." He said.

"I will, thank you."

He glance at me before leaving. I was shocked while looking at his back. I wanted to follow him but I didn't end up because his wife suddenly appear. Hinila nalang ako ni Finn at niyakap ako ng mahigpit. I couldn't stop my tears, why so emotional?

"Daddy Finn, he's letting me marry you and I love my dad."

"I know. Next time, you'll talk to him but not now. Your dad is busy, okay? It's for your safety, hmm?" Kinindatan niya ako saka ako hinila nang dahan-dahan palabas ng hospital.

Nang makapasok kami sa kotse ay agad siyang yumuko para halikan ang tiyan ko. "Hi, little peanut! You stay and behave sa tiyan ni mommy Euphoria. Don't make her tired." Sabi niya bago inayos ang seatbelt ko bago ako pinatakan ng halik sa labi at pinagkatitigan sa mata. "Thank you for bringing joyfulness, let's get married?"

I thought of it for how many times, I stayed quiet. Not because I don't want to but I was purely thinking of it, I nod my head.

"Sure!"

He was so happy, but when he sensed that someone is following our car from behind, he didn't panicked. I saw his jaw clenched as he give his phone to me. "Finn, what's happening?"

He glance at me and to my stomach. "Trust me, okay?" I was shocked but I nodded. "I'll keep us safe. I promise. Call him! Go to the contacts and call Cohen. Tell him someone's following us then please put on the location."

Kahit nanginginig ang kamay ko ay patuloy ako sa pag-ring kay Cohen. Hingal-hingal ang nasa kabilang linya.

"What now..."

"May nakasunod sa sinasakyan namin ni Finn."

"Sh*t!" Dinig ko ang malutong nitong mura at ngayo'y may naririnig akong tipa ng keyboard. "I saw your location now, paki-loud speaker." I did as what he says pero muntik ko na iyon mabitawan nang makarinig ako ng putok ng baril. "I'm still tracking the car at your back, I sent my trusted men to come up with you. Kindly go to the village where my wife and I used to go in our honeymoon."

"Be right there, man. Thank you for helping..."

"Always welcome just make sure you both are safe, just in five minutes ay dadating na sila."

The call ended but still my hands are trembling. Tingin nang tingin ako kay Finn at tagaktak na ang pawis niya.

I shouted when I heard the glass breaking and I heard Finn gasped. "Finn..." Natamaan siya sakanyang braso.

"Listen sit under and don't ever stand. Dapa ka..."

"Hindi, I have to do something...paano ka?"

"Just do what I say! You'll be safe, we'll be safe. I promise... The men of Cohen are here..." He desperately shouted while looking at the road. I started tearing up, no matter how much I wanted to protest but I remembered I have a child to protect.

I heard series of gunshots that's why I covered my ears. At this moment, I closed my eyes tightly praying everything will be okay. And thank God for hearing my prayer...

"Nandito na tayo sa Resort Vanilla." Umayos ako ng upo at tumingin sa labas ng sasakyan, nandoon nakatayo sina Cohen at ang kanyang asawa na may hawak na pistol.

Tumingin ako kay Finn at ininspeksyon ang kanyang buong katawan. "Ano? Okay ka lang ba, ano pa bang masakit sa iyo?"

Finn chuckled a bit when he saw me worrying. I glared at him.

He made me face him, now that his face is serious. I pouted.

"Don't worry, I'm still strong. For us and for our baby. I will not leave too soon. Gusto ko pang makabuo ng isang dosenang anak."

Sinamaan ko siya ng tingin. "Anong isang dosena?! Gusto mo agad ako pumangit niyan?"

"Hindi naman sa ganoon, makinig ka. Hindi na nga isang dosena kung ano lang gusto mo iyon na iyon. Halika na, lalabas na tayo at nang tayo'y hinihintay."

I nodded then when we went out of the car, agad pumalibot sa amin ang mga armadong limang lalaki.

Cohen smiled at Finn and they fist bump. Cohen waved at me then he introduce her wife to me. His wife smiled at me and I too, to her.

"Nice meeting you, lady."

"Nice meeting you too..."

"Let's go inside guys. Talk about those hypocrites." Cohen blinked at his wife before pulling Finn inside their bungalow house, Finn almost pull me but Cohen stopped him.

I was flattered when Cohen's wife approached me and she then intertwined my hand with her's and whispered... "Pagpasensyahan mo na ang asawa ko, mang-aagaw talaga yan. Mukhang bata." Umiling-iling na sabi niya.

I giggled but stopped when Cohen faced his wife. "I heard that..."

"You did." His wife said.

"Punishment." He mumbled before he looks at me. "My wife will take care of you for now and I'm going to take care of your fiance. Don't worry, gagamutin ko lang ang sugat."

Tumango ako at nginitian si Finn na nakatingin sa akin.

"Halika!" Tahimik ako nong dinala ako ng asawa ni Cohen sa dining room. Laman parin ng utak ko ang nangyari kanina. It seems that she noticed I am thinking something... "I know what you're thinking, trust me that it was all done by your step mother and your step sister. Would you believe me if I'll tell you that they are the masterminds of what happened earlier?" 

I gasped and shook my head. "Do they?"

She looks at me with sadness and nodded.

"They're crazy!"

"They are. Not until they will not get into your husband's pants, they won't stop."

"What do you mean?"

She skillfully peeled the apple that she's holding. "They're desperate enough, your step mother had a relationship with Finn's lolo. Victoria's mother wanted to be rich but since Finn's lolo died, her dream vanished. Not until she was pregnant, She and your dad met at your age 4, right?" I nodded. How can she knew all of that. "They became part of your family but you and Victoria were never been a sister, and Victoria isn't a daughter of Finn's lolo either. She was other man's. And now, they're crazy to make Finn fall into their hands."