Chapter 28: Mascara

Cailliegh stared at me on the mirror then smiled. "Did you asked yourself if you're ready for the today's event?"

My eyes glistened on the mirror as I scanned my face to my heels. I am currently wearing a formal attire. Ang aking hikaw ay bumabagay sa shape ng aking mukha atsaka iyong make-up ko ay natural.

Tumango ako bilang sagot. "Oo naman." Naglagay pa ako nang mascara sa aking pilik-mata. "Matagal ko itong pinaghandaan."

"Kung gayon ay pwede ka nang humarap sa mga audience at ika'y hinihintay."

"Maraming salamat Cailliegh."

"Walang anuman. Goodluck!" She even cheered me up.

I nodded when the staffs assigned me that it's my turn. I inhaled and exhaled before finally leaving the back stage.

Lots of audience shouted as I was out. I waved my hands at them na mas lalong ikinatawa nang mga audience.

"Finally, let us all welcome if she will have a chance to be the Mayor of this town, miss Euphoria Skye De Vega!" The host shouted and excitement and the crowd cheered non-chalantly.

As I looked around the coliseum, so many people were cheering and wearing a color light blue shirts like mine. Looking back, when I was teenager... I promised to myself to not to be a politician, but now, I ended up here in this situation, willing to serve the people who is in need, wanting to change what is need to change.

I never knew I could be like dad and my cousins as a politician, because what I know was that... I learned to do things by myself even somebody won't help me, I was the kind of girl that doesn't want to be judge and doesn't want to be compared with somebody.

Judging the 'person' by its cover and comparing them to others can cause a depression, moreover if they are the most sensitive ones, thinking what did he/she do wrong, what's there in the others that she/he doesn't have? 

Staying out of the limelight, being judge in the family and being compared with your eldest sister was heartbreaking. Since I was just a kid, I felt like I was not their daughter to be appreciated and to be proud with... I get 90 and above grades, showing it to my parents, they're saying I should study had more, strive for more... while my eldest sister gets 90 and below grades but they won't get angry at her, they're soft hearted when it comes to my sister.

Starting with that day, I get envious of her, I studied more like what my parents wanted so I could finally get their attentions but I was wrong. I was never their first priority nor second or third priority, I was their last.

I remained quiet even though I nearly break down remembering of my late dad's effort that I shoved away because of them, my enemies. I loved them and they're were a family of mine: that means I cannot leave them. But sometimes, you need to leave them just to feel the love that you deserve. And I observed that the people I love also left me.

"You can do things by yourselves, it'll be hard or not, just don't surrender already. I believe in the saying... Do not judge those people around you, respect them because they are a human. They are not perfect but they are trying their best just to be perfect in your eyes! I stand up with a person like that, so do not be afraid to show the world who really you are, we have all our worth to live, to show in this world that we shouldn't be underestimated. Thank you for having me here!"

The crowd cheered as well as my man talking to me with sweet words in another line.

"I guessed, may puso talaga ako na maging politician, like my dad and my mom when she was still a lady. I was just in denial and scared to be one of them but now, wala akong dapat na ikatakot, ako ito, itataguyod ang bayan kung saan ang bayan ng nanay ko at kung saan ako ipinanganak." I told my man from the other line while I was doing my make-up at the back of my stage.

"That's what I love about you, continue pursuing what you really want then?" He asked with a sarcasm. "I know that's because of your Finn."

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Excuse me?! Correction, Finn is my ex." I looked around the comfort room, when there were no people aside from me I whispered. "Are we seriously talking about yourself, Finn?"