Ep 9 - Friend or Foe

After got back from shooting session the Two Centers relationship grew closer. Where Zhang Hao is there will be Han Bin beside him. As if the two are inseparable. Every morning Han Bin will show up to Zhang Hao and Matthew room to pick them for breakfast. Han Bin always said he showed up for both boys, but he always tail the Chinese boy and left the Canadian squeezed between them. Zhang Hao doesn't mind, after all now he get along with Han Bin and Matthew.

Today Han Bin even sneak to G Group bus when all trainees go from their dorm to shooting location for Signal Song. Trainees from G Group even joke that Han Bin should replace his blue name tag to pink one. This day Zhang Hao and all trainees will do last rehearsal for Signal Song.

After arriving at the studio, the producers gather trainees to give briefing. They ask the two centers to come forward, Zhang Hao think there might be new schedule for he and Han Bin before shooting. To his surprise that wasn't the case.

"This season we do have two centers, but for the last segment of the Signal Song there will be only one center who get the highlight."

Zhang Hao quite shock to hear that announcement. He didn't expect there will be competition between the two centers for the Signal Song.

"We will pick the overall center based on current vote from star creator" says producer

Both K and G Group trainees gives encouragement for Zhang Hao and Han Bin, hoping the center of their group will get the spot. Han Bin look at Zhang Hao with his usual smile, put his hand on his chest signaling Zhang Hao that he is nervous to hear the result.

Somehow Zhang Hao cannot reply that smile back. Zhang Hao not nervous but worried. Worry that he might not have the chance to beat Han Bin. He know very well Han Bin popularity, also he is Korean so it is natural for him to get majority of vote.

"Based on the voting, the overall center is Sung Han Bin"

The K Group cheer loudly and rush to hug Han Bin, once again K Group winning against G Group. Han Bin laugh for his unexpected winning looking happy for this result. Zhang Hao on the other hand could feel his past feeling creeping back to his chest.

Feeling of jealousy and inferior.

Zhang Hao hate himself, he shouldn't think that way towards Han Bin. But he cannot easily ignore those negative thoughts. Later that day when all trainees train at the stage Zhang Hao mood become more bitter.

When practicing ending segment of the Signal Song everyone can see what great privilege that Han Bin get as the overall center. He get the highest center and elevated stage all by himself. This make all attention will focus to him and will be beneficial for grabbing viewers vote.

Every trainees awing when seeing Han Bin lift up on the central stage. Zhang Hao chest begin to feel heavy, negative feeling he used to think about Han Bin coming back to him. All he can do is showing bitter smile when Han Bin wave to him on his glorious elevated stage. It may taste bitter but this is reality, Zhang Hao begin to realize the effect of survival show.

Han Bin is my friend, but he's also my competition.

***

Few days after The Signal Song aired it's time to start the elimination round. Zhang Hao and all trainees gather at the auditorium to prepare for first elimination round, K Group versus G Group. Trainees line up based on their fancam views of the Signal Song. Star Master Hwang Min Hyun announce that their ranks will be very beneficial for creating their group.

First, Star Master Min Hyun announce the ranks of K Group. Han Bin secure third place, still quite high for center. After finish announce the K Group now Star Master Min Hyun deliver the result for G Group. Zhang Hao pray in his heart hoping his ranks will improve or at least still in top 3 like Han Bin did.